Cert III Applications Qualification in Australia
Qualification name: ICA30105 - Certificate III in Information Technology - Applications Stream
"This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in introductory ICT 'technical' functions and is designed to support information activities in the workplace and to achieve a degree of self-sufficiency as an advanced ICT 'user'."
The applications stream:
"Provides skills in advanced use of applications and could provide basic application software support within an organisation. This stream may provide for natural progression into several Certificate IV in IT qualifications including Multimedia or Programming."
There are 6 core units for the Applications stream of the Cert III I.T. qualification; 4 specialist units and 7 electives (some of which are also prerequisites for other units). For more detailed information about this qualification you can either find the qualification in the official ICA05 Training Package PDF (note: it is huge) or browse the conveniently accessible Certificate III in Information Technology page at ICA05 - Deconstructed.
The following 10 core units are made up of the 6 common core units (common to all Certificate III IT streams), and the 4 core units for the Applications stream.
Note: the small box after each unit indicates the completion status of the unit description.
- ICAD3218A Create user documentation
- ICAI3020A Install and optimise operating system software
- ICAS3031A Provide advice to clients
- ICAS3234A Care for computer hardware
- ICAT3025A Run standard diagnostic tests
- ICAU3004A Apply occupational health and safety procedures
- ICAU3019A Migrating to new technology
- ICAU3028A Customise packaged software applications for clients
- ICAU3126A Use advanced features of computer applications
- ICAI3110A Implement system software changes
Electives for the Applications stream
- ICAS3032A Provide network systems administration
- ICAS3024A Provide basic system administration
- ICAI3021A Connect internal hardware components
- ICAS3034A Determine and action network problems
- ICAB3018A Develop macros and templates for clients using standard products
- ICAI4030A Install software to networked computers
- ICAA4041A Determine and confirm client business expectations and needs
A number of units within this qualification have prerequisites. These are detailed as follows:
- ICAI3101A Install and manage network administration protocols
- ICAS3120A Configure and administer a network operating system
- ICA05 - Deconstructed Accessed on 6th February 2007