University of Canberra
University of Canberra (UC) is a mid-size, mid-ranked Australian university with an emphasis on applied and professional learning and research. For more information about this university, see University of Canberra (Wikipedia).
UC's 2013-2017 strategic plan emphasises developing greater flexible learning and international engagement.
A growing number of UC academics and emerging academics are working towards wider adoption of open academic practices such as the use of Wikiversity. This page lists a range of resources and projects related to this work.
UC exists for the following purposes:
- To provide education which offers high quality transformative experiences to everyone suitably qualified, whatever their stage of life and irrespective of their origins.
- To engage in research and creative practice which are of high quality and aim to make an early and important difference to the world around us.
- To contribute, through our education and research, to the building of just, prosperous, healthy and sustainable communities which are committed to redressing disadvantage and reconciliation with Australia’s Indigenous peoples.
Everything else - buildings, campuses, structures, titles, hierarchies, pomp, circumstance, (even committees) - may change over time if that is what is required to carry out our purposes.
Hot topics are in bold:
These University of Canberra staff accounts have contributed to Wikiversity:
- User:A George
- User:Holly Northam
- User:Mark Spain
- User:Vicki Deakin
Teaching units on Wikiversity
Many UC staff, ex-staff, and some students are in this list: https://twitter.com/jtneill/uc-community
- Current staff
- Stephen Parker - http://www.canberra.edu.au/blogs/vc/ (corporate blog)
- Nicholas Klomp - http://www.canberra.edu.au/blogs/dvce (corporate blog)
- Megan Poore - http://meganpoore.com/
- Michael De Percy - http://www.politicalscience.com.au/
- Keith Lyons - http://keithlyons.wordpress.com/
- Lubna Alam - http://lubnalam.wordpress.com/
- Simon Leonard - http://historyandpresent.blogspot.com/
- Mitchell Whitelaw - http://teemingvoid.blogspot.com/
- Andrew Read - http://brumbiesteach.blogspot.com/
- Robert Fitzgerald - http://mathetic.info/
- Danny Munnerley - http://munnerley.com/dan/
- Keane Wheeler - http://keanewheeler.blogspot.com/
- Nick Ball - http://nick-ball.blogspot.com/
- Ben Rattray - http://benrattray.wordpress.com/
- Jamie Ranse - http://www.jamieranse.com/
- Stephen Barrass - http://stephenbarrass.wordpress.com
- Sam Hinton - http://meetpi.edublogs.org
- Past staff
- Leigh Blackall - http://leighblackall.blogspot.com