Teaching and Learning Online
This resource is a collection of resources related to the major sub-division of elearning which deals with teaching and learning online. If you know of a resource on Wikiversity which deals with this topic, please add it to the list below. Feel welcome to develop any of these resources further.
Please do not list self-reflective resources here. (Self-reflective resources relate directly to using Wikiversity). The coloured icons before each item indicate a very approximate estimate of the state of completion.
- Instructional Design. Course. A very large resource (about 130 pages).
- Media Literacy. Course. 8 pages; detailed.
- Open Educational Resources. Encyclopedic article. What is an open educational resource? Places emphasis on the economic and institutional aspects.
- One Laptop Per Teacher. Academic paper.
- Facilitating Online.
- Flexible Learning.
- Creating Accessible Courses. A model for creating a course online, using Wikiversity
- Networked Learning.
- Composing Free and Open Online Educational Resources. Ongoing collaborative course.
- Introduction to Learning Objects.
- Future Media Class. Unmaintained. Needs adoption. About 10 pages.
- Collaboratively Building Concepts. An idea for an activity.
- The Online Classroom. Lesson collection, with one completed lesson on Student Safety on the Internet. (Note: image copyright problems.)
- Neil Postman: Five Things We Need to Know About Technological Change. Discussion - needs more points of view and involvement.
- Lecture 2.0. Ideas for Lectures of the Future.
- The Rise and Fall of MOO Universities. Useful notes.
- Web quest. Another Idea for Online Activities.
- Web 2.0 Tools for Teaching and Learning. Slightly more than a stub.
This section lists some selected resources relating to the use of Wikiversity in teaching and learning online.
- Developing Wikiversity through action research
- Wikiversity learning model
- Wikiversity:Learning resources
- Help:How to write an educational resource
- Help:101 things to do with your class on Wikiversity
- Learning and learning about learning in Wikiversity (paper)
- Educational technologies
- Educational Technology Lesson Plans
The page below lists major contributors to projects within the scope of the page.
These items are not strictly on teaching and learning online, but provide useful related information.
- Web 2.0
- Assistive Technology
- Educational Technology
- Open web publishing
- History of personal learning environments (Wikipedia)