Teaching and Learning Online
This resource is a collection of resources related to the major sub-division of elearning which deals with teaching and learning online. If you know of a resource on Wikiversity which deals with this topic, please add it to the list below. Feel welcome to develop any of these resources further.
Topics[edit | edit source]
Please do not list self-reflective resources here. (Self-reflective resources relate directly to using Wikiversity). The coloured icons before each item indicate a very approximate estimate of the state of completion.
- Instructional Design. Course. A very large resource (about 130 pages).
- Media Literacy. Course. 8 pages; detailed.
- Open Educational Resources. Encyclopedic article. What is an open educational resource? Places emphasis on the economic and institutional aspects.
- One Laptop Per Teacher. Academic paper.
- Facilitating Online.
- Flexible Learning.
- Creating Accessible Courses. A model for creating a course online, using Wikiversity
- Networked Learning.
- Composing Free and Open Online Educational Resources. Ongoing collaborative course.
- Introduction to Learning Objects.
- Future Media Class. Unmaintained. Needs adoption. About 10 pages.
- Collaboratively Building Concepts. An idea for an activity.
- The Online Classroom. Lesson collection, with one completed lesson on Student Safety on the Internet. (Note: image copyright problems.)
- Neil Postman: Five Things We Need to Know About Technological Change. Discussion - needs more points of view and involvement.
- Lecture 2.0. Ideas for Lectures of the Future.
- The Rise and Fall of MOO Universities. Useful notes.
- Web quest. Another Idea for Online Activities.
- Web 2.0 Tools for Teaching and Learning. Slightly more than a stub.
Self-reflective resources[edit | edit source]
This section lists some selected resources relating to the use of Wikiversity in teaching and learning online.
- Developing Wikiversity through action research
- Wikiversity learning model
- Wikiversity:Learning resources
- Help:How to write an educational resource
- Help:101 things to do with your class on Wikiversity
- Learning and learning about learning in Wikiversity (paper)
- Educational technologies
- Educational Technology Lesson Plans
Contributors[edit | edit source]
The page below lists major contributors to projects within the scope of the page.
See also[edit | edit source]
These items are not strictly on teaching and learning online, but provide useful related information.
- Web 2.0
- Assistive Technology
- Educational Technology
- Open web publishing
- History of personal learning environments (Wikipedia)