Talk:Python Concepts/Open academia
Originally posted on Wikiversity:Please delete my page:
This should be an easy decision, and probably should have been a speedy delete. Although I am virtually the sole author, two people did sign it and a link to it was placed on the Python page. The reasons for deleting it are:
- The request to put Python on campus computers was fulfilled (albeit on a different set of computers)
- The link to it clutters up the Python page.
- It serves no educational purpose.
- Would there be any value to other users in seeing how a successful proposal to link introductory and advanced programming courses can be developed? (I think there is.) What about, instead of deleting the proposal, move it under Topic:Computer programming or under a new project on programming proposals, computer proposals, computer lab configuration, or similar subject. The link from Python can be removed, and the original educational purpose preserved for other users. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 13:32, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
Where to move this proposal?[edit source]
OK, I agree that this needs to be kept. I will create a banner link at the top of my user page to this page, and edit this page appropriately. To avoid wasted effort, we shouldn't move this page until we have a good home for it.
- Maybe it should be kept in an area like, Topic:Computer Programming/Proposals or you could create a topic for proposals and keep it somewhere in there. --I8086 (discuss • contribs) 14:39, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
Maybe it should just stay here in Python space?[edit source]
If there is any sentiment for moving this out of "Python space", I will go along. As far as I can tell, the only reason for removing this from "Python space" is that it clutters up a search of this space using Special:PrefixIndex.
The reason not to move it is that there is no unique appropriate place, because of how to better engage students is widely dispersed throughout Wikiversity. This is as good a place as any for this discussion. To help readers find other discussions I have added a category. I will also rename the file.