Hey! Your chapter is looking good so far. I’ve noticed a couple of things that might be worth fixing 😊
• “Protection motivation theory (PMT) is a cognitive psychological process, it is a process…” Maybe rephrase this so you’re not repeating ‘process’ and improve the flow.
• Perhaps use an image of cigarette smoking to refer to it in your writing?
• “The benefits need to out way the risk and the comforts need to out way the discomfort in some situations.” – The correct word here is outweigh 😊
• After mentioning protection motivation theory in the first sentence, you should continue to use the acronym you’ve specified instead of referring to it in full.
• “Smoking for longer periods of time can create the negative association with addition and also create fear” – Did you mean to refer to addiction?
• “Severity and vulnerability are to prevent maladaptive such as the negative aspects in smoking then there is an opposing force, the factor of rewards” – Looks like you’ve forgotten a word after maladaptive.
• There are quite a few other grammatical errors that need to be looked into – Maybe have a good proofread of your chapter and use the free draft submission offered by Studiosity (It’ll be in the course links for this unit, second from the bottom).
• I’ve noticed you’ve consistently referred to the same references throughout your chapter – would it be worth trying to find some more sources to back up what you’re saying.
All in all, your chapter is progressing well but I think you should consider some of the things I’ve mentioned to help you improve it a little more!
Overall, this chapter provides a basic overview of relevant research.
When describing important research findings, consider including a bit more detail about the methodology and indicating the size of effects in addition to whether or not there was an effect or relationship.
Greater emphasis on major reviews and/or meta-analyses would be helpful.
Overall, the quality of written expression is below professional standard. Sentence construction is poor. UC Study Skills assistance is recommended to help improve writing skills to a professional standard.
An unnecessarily complicated 4-level heading structure is used. Consider simplifying to a 2-level structure.
Sections which include sub-sections should also include an introductory paragraph (which doesn't need a separate heading) before branching into the sub-headings.
Good use of embedded in-text interwiki links to Wikipedia articles. Adding more interwiki links for the first mention of key words and technical concepts would make the text more interactive. See example.
No use of embedded in-text links to related book chapters. Embedding in-text links to related book chapters helps to integrate this chapter into the broader book project.
Basic use of image(s).
No use of table(s).
Good use of feature box(es).
Basic use of quiz(zes).
Basic use of case studies or examples.
The grammar for many or most sentences could be improved (e.g., see the [grammar?] tags). A lot of the sentences are poorly constructed and difficult to read, particularly for someone unfamiliar with the topic.
Abbreviations (such as e.g., i.e.., etc.) should only be used inside parentheses.
More proofreading is needed to fix typos and bring the quality of written expression closer to a professional standard.