High School Chemistry
Welcome to the learning project on High School Chemistry!
This course will be developed at a level suitable for 14-16 year olds, equivalent to formal education level Key Stage 4 (UK) or Grades 9-10 (US).
Learning project summary
- Suggested Prerequisites:
- Portal: Portal:Chemistry (List main portal/s here)
- School: School:Chemistry (List main school/s here)
- Department: Topic:High School Chemistry
High School Chemistry serves to teach readers about the topic of Chemistry at the High School Honors (ADV) level. This goes from the introductions to Chemistry to Acids and Bases.
In this learning project, we aim to explain and review chemistry topics through means of textual information and short quizzes on those pages.
- Introduction to Methods of Chemistry
- Atomic Structure, The Periodic Table, and Electrons or Light
- Electrons and Light
- The periodic table/Periodic Trends
- Nomenclature of ionic, covalent compounds, acids, bases, and hydrates
- Intra & Intermolecular Forces
- Chemical Quantities & the Mole
- Thermochemistry & States of Matter
- Gases & Gas Laws
- Solutions, Acids, & Bases
Readings and other resources
Each project/lesson/activity may have a suggested reading selection. For example:
Subpages can be created - using the syntax '[[/concepts/]]' (for concepts involved in this learning project & without the quotes).
Links to subpages can be automatically shown using
- High School Chemistry
- High School Chemistry/Atomic Structure, The Periodic Table, and Electrons or Light
- High School Chemistry/Chemical Quantities & the Mole
- High School Chemistry/Electrons and Light
- High School Chemistry/Gases & Gas Laws
- High School Chemistry/Intra & Intermolecular Forces
- High School Chemistry/Introduction to Methods of Chemistry
- High School Chemistry/Nomenclature of ionic, covalent compounds, acids, bases, and hydrates
- High School Chemistry/Solutions, Acids, & Bases
- High School Chemistry/Stiochiometry
- High School Chemistry/Thermochemistry & States of Matter
Active participants in this Learning Group
Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace (i.e. without any prefix such as 'Topic:' or 'School:'). Simply make a link to the name of the learning resource, lesson, or learning project (these are independent pages in the main namespace, and sometimes subpages when appropriate) and start writing!
You should also read about the Wikiversity:Learning model. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. Learning materials and learning projects can be used by multiple projects - and you are encouraged to cooperate with other departments that use the same learning resource.