A comment about these quizzes
Beware of the person who has a way to make education better and also reduce cost.
But there might be a way to reduce the cost that makes education different: better in some ways and worse in other ways. The idea is to develop large open source test banks that allow students to demonstrate proficiency by taking a proctored test. One negative aspect of this is that certain skills will not be developed as well, and that it favors people with a good memory. On the other hand, autodidacts will benefit by having an simpler pathway to a much deserved diploma.
A typical lower division college course probably needs a testbank with a minimum of 1000 questions. The more the testbank grows, the more it will resemble traditional college tests. One factor in the cost of higher education is the need to keep the tests "secret", often inspiring professors to either spend time writing new questions, or spend the students' (and taxpayers') money purchasing materials with testbanks. Different colleges have different standards and different concentrations. But a sufficiently large open source testbank should eventually serve most purposes.
If professors spent less time writing tests and delivering lectures focused on those tests, thy will have more time for innovative and progressive teaching. So...maybe this is a way to make education both cheaper and better.
You are welcome to continue this conversation on this talk page.
Pages in category "Physics equations/Quizzes"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.
- Physics equations/02-One dimensional kinematics/Q:definitions
- Physics equations/02-One dimensional kinematics/Q:equations
- Physics equations/03-Two-Dimensional Kinematics/Q:2Dmotion
- Physics equations/03-Two-Dimensional Kinematics/Q:SmithTrain
- Physics equations/04-Dynamics: Force and Newton's Laws/Q:forces
- Physics equations/04-Dynamics: Force and Newton's Laws/Q:sled
- Physics equations/05-Friction, Drag, and Elasticity/Q:thirdLaw
- Physics equations/06-Uniform Circular Motion and Gravitation/Q:derive
- Physics equations/06-Uniform Circular Motion and Gravitation/Q:friction
- Physics equations/07-Work and Energy/Q:cart1
- Physics equations/07-Work and Energy/Q:cart2
- Physics equations/07-Work and Energy/Q:lineIntegral
- Physics equations/08-Linear Momentum and Collisions/Q:oneDcollision
- Physics equations/09-Statics and Torque/Q:torques
- Physics equations/10-Rotational Motion and Angular Momentum/Q:dynamics
- Physics equations/11-Fluid statics/Q:buoyantForce
- Physics equations/12-Fluid dynamics/Q:pipeDiameterChange
- Physics equations/13-Temperature, Kinetic Theory, and Gas Laws/Q:rmsMomentumTransfer
- Physics equations/14-Heat and Heat Transfer/Q:SpecificHeatEnergyConductivity
- Physics equations/15-Thermodynamics/Q:heatEngine
- Physics equations/16-Oscillatory Motion and Waves/Q:amplitudes
- Physics equations/16-Oscillatory Motion and Waves/Q:CALCULUS
- Physics equations/17-Physics of Hearing/Q:echoAndstring
- Physics equations/18-Electric charge and field/Q:findE
- Physics equations/18-Electric charge and field/Q:lineChargesCALCULUS
- Physics equations/19-Electric Potential and Electric Field/Q:capacitance
- Physics equations/19-Electric Potential and Electric Field/Q:KE&PE
- Physics equations/19-Electric Potential and Electric Field/Q:SurfaceIntegralsCalculus
- Physics equations/19-Electric Potential and Electric Field/Q:UsingGaussLaw
- Physics equations/20- Electric Current, Resistance, and Ohm's Law/Q:PowerDriftVelocity
- Physics equations/21-Circuits, Bioelectricity, and DC Instruments/Q:circuits
- Physics equations/21-Circuits, Bioelectricity, and DC Instruments/Q:RCdecay
- Physics equations/22-Magnetism/Q:AmpereLaw
- Physics equations/22-Magnetism/Q:AmpereLawCALC
- Physics equations/22-Magnetism/Q:AmpereLawTorusCylinder
- Physics equations/22-Magnetism/Q:forces
- Physics equations/23-Electromagnetic Induction, AC Circuits, and Electrical Technologies/Q:spaceTetherAndSimpleLoop
- Physics equations/24-Electromagnetic Waves/Q:displacementCurrent
- Physics equations/25-Geometric Optics/Q:image
- Physics equations/25-Geometric Optics/Q:thinLens
- Physics equations/25-Geometric Optics/Q:vision
- Physics equations/27-Wave Optics/Q:interference