Augmented reality (AR) is a live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data.
Readings[edit | edit source]
Learning Tasks[edit | edit source]
Explore some example models and identify the use cases of Augmented Reality in learning environemts:
- Molecules or crystal lattices displayed on Markers,
- ancient site reconstruction on a marker like Forum Romanum in Rome Italy,
- attach Wikiversity learning resource to real geolocations,
- explore places with 360 degree equirectangular images.
|Create a 3D Model in Aframe||Place 3D Model on Marker|
Create your own 3D objects on markers and place them at geolocation e.g. with AR.js.
Resources[edit | edit source]
- Tutorial with Mixare and tracking.js
- JSON3D4Aframe - 3D Model generator for Augemented Reality consisting of geometric primitives