3D Modelling/Create 3D Models
The following learning resource supports you as an author to create you own three-dimensional models. Provided tools are open source and can be used either for video animation three-dimensional space (e.g. genetic processes that are not visible in a microscope) are you construct 3-D models there are placed in the camera image of mobile device on specific markers (e.g. in AR.js).
If you are following the Open Community Approach it might make sense to you to shear the 3D models with the community of authors and learners on Wikiversity.
- currently 3D models cannot be integrated directly into Wikiversity, so files must be stored and shared on an other WebServer, that supports version control during the development process of the 3D models.
- in this learning resource we use GitHub and take advantage of the version control system to share the files in the /docs folder on GitHub.
3D Software Packages
- Blender - Photorealistic 3D Modelling with Physics, Animation, ... (e.g. Fluid Dynamics and Wind)
- Hugin Create an spherical image for 360o-Panorama Image
- AR.js Augmented Reality in a browser with Marker Recognition
- Regard3D Create a 3D models from several images
- Create you own screencast of your 3D model you created with Regard3D (approx 10-15min as Walk Through) and provide the set of images on GitHub for other leaarners to work with (just as HuginSample for Hugin)
- HuginSample Github repository with sample images of the Durlacher Saumarkt, Karlsruhe Durlach, Germany
- Hugin Download: http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
- GIMP Download for learning how to fix missing images with GIMP Clone Tool and projection fixing