Welcome to your 8:00 class! This Wikiversity learning project tracks the Wikiversity 24 hour project-related news cycle, allowing participants to keep informed about Wikiversity events and active projects.
Colloquium summary[edit | edit source]
Short summaries of active discussions at Wikiversity:Colloquium.
- Separation of Church and State - proposal for a new project.
- Community Portal 0.5 - plans for Community Portal development
Colloquium tools[edit | edit source]
Did you know that there are three ways to track changes to the Colloquium discussion threads?
- Obvious. Make sure the page is on your watch list; w:Help:Watching pages.
- Requires the activity of User:MichaelBillingtonBot. Use the link for the "RSS version" created by User:Chrismo.
- Did you know all Wikiversity pages with an associated "history" page now have an RSS feed? See: Web syndication.
Internet Relay Chat topics of the day[edit | edit source]
Re-cap of topics discussed in #wikiversity-en and #wikiversity.
- WikiProject study before editing - Scholarly research in support of Wikipedia
- Study project on Intelligent Design - Wikipedia improvement project
- Bok Choy to the World - see also: Wikiversity the Movie/Music
- drinking contest: "I will drink my 3rd cup in a few mins"
- User talk:22.214.171.124 - should we block school IPs?
- User:Ottava Rima - participation at Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia
- Campaign for the inclusion in Wikipedia of religious views expressed as science
- Category:University of Florida team account - University of Florida project at Wikiversity; help get license information
- Rules for channel logs for freenode channel #wikiversity-en
- User:Jon Awbrey - are these "self-promotional links" or a Wikiversity learning resource?
Internet Relay Chat tools[edit | edit source]
- Wikiversity:Chat - tools that help you participate in chat about Wikiversity
- IRC guidelines for Wikimedia-related projects.
- freenode guidelines
- IRC channel quotes - okay, not a "tool", but.....
Email discussions and blogs[edit | edit source]
Summaries of Email discussions, blogs and similar information sources with relevance to Wikiversity participants.
- Planet Wikimedia - should Wikiversity have a community blog in the Planet Wikimedia system?
Email and blog tools[edit | edit source]
- Subscribe to the Wikiversity-l email discussion group or view the archives. More Wikimedia Foundation mailing lists.
- aggregated blogs of some Wikimedia project participants
- How to blog at Wikiversity: Wikiversity Blog howto.
Recent changes[edit | edit source]
Recent editing efforts.
- Expanding your professional vocabulary
- User:Dr Denelder
- Wikiversity:License tags - help clean them up!
- Help move images to Commons
- Trusses, Matrix Method - needs categorization
- Meta-analysis - expanded
- Primary mathematics:Fractions - expanded
Tools for tracking editing activity[edit | edit source]
Most visited pages at Wikiversity.
Archives[edit | edit source]
8:00 class/Archives - archives of old content from this page.