|This Wikiversity page is of historical interest. You may discuss this page on the talk page, copy all or part of this page to another page for further editing or start a new discussion about this page at the Wikiversity:Colloquium.|
Welcome to your 8:00 class! This Wikiversity learning project tracks the Wikiversity 24 hour project-related news cycle, allowing participants to keep informed about Wikiversity events and active projects.
Colloquium summary[edit | edit source]
Short summaries of active discussions at Wikiversity:Colloquium.
- Separation of Church and State - proposal for a new project.
- Community Portal 0.5 - plans for Community Portal development
Colloquium tools[edit | edit source]
Did you know that there are three ways to track changes to the Colloquium discussion threads?
- Obvious. Make sure the page is on your watch list; w:Help:Watching pages.
- Requires the activity of User:MichaelBillingtonBot. Use the link for the "RSS version" created by User:Chrismo.
- Did you know all Wikiversity pages with an associated "history" page now have an RSS feed? See: Web syndication.
Internet Relay Chat topics of the day[edit | edit source]
Re-cap of topics discussed in #wikiversity-en and #wikiversity.
- WikiProject study before editing - Scholarly research in support of Wikipedia
- Study project on Intelligent Design - Wikipedia improvement project
- Bok Choy to the World - see also: Wikiversity the Movie/Music
- drinking contest: "I will drink my 3rd cup in a few mins"
- User talk:188.8.131.52 - should we block school IPs?
- User:Ottava Rima - participation at Ethical Management of the English Language Wikipedia
- Campaign for the inclusion in Wikipedia of religious views expressed as science
- Category:University of Florida team account - University of Florida project at Wikiversity; help get license information
- Rules for channel logs for freenode channel #wikiversity-en
- User:Jon Awbrey - are these "self-promotional links" or a Wikiversity learning resource?
Internet Relay Chat tools[edit | edit source]
- Wikiversity:Chat - tools that help you participate in chat about Wikiversity
- IRC guidelines for Wikimedia-related projects.
- freenode guidelines
- IRC channel quotes - okay, not a "tool", but.....
Email discussions and blogs[edit | edit source]
Summaries of Email discussions, blogs and similar information sources with relevance to Wikiversity participants.
- Planet Wikimedia - should Wikiversity have a community blog in the Planet Wikimedia system?
Email and blog tools[edit | edit source]
- Subscribe to the Wikiversity-l email discussion group or view the archives. More Wikimedia Foundation mailing lists.
- aggregated blogs of some Wikimedia project participants
- How to blog at Wikiversity: Wikiversity Blog howto.
Recent changes[edit | edit source]
Recent editing efforts.
- Expanding your professional vocabulary
- User:Dr Denelder
- Wikiversity:License tags - help clean them up!
- Help move images to Commons
- Trusses, Matrix Method - needs categorization
- Meta-analysis - expanded
- Primary mathematics:Fractions - expanded
Tools for tracking editing activity[edit | edit source]
Most visited pages at Wikiversity.
Archives[edit | edit source]
8:00 class/Archives - archives of old content from this page.