Computer Programming is a field that involves the methodology behind the programming, software abstraction, algorithms, data structures, design, testing, and maintenance of computer software.
Division news 
- May 14, 2007 - New programming language added (D) and lesson numbers for programming languages updated.
- September 16, 2006 - Department upgraded to division
- August 20, 2006 - Department founded!......
General topics 
Computer Programming Languages 
Applied topics 
Linux Programming • Bash Programming
Web Programming • Web Development with Webmachine for Erlang
Specialized programming environments 
Miscellaneous Exercises 
Learning projects 
Literature on programming exercises 
- Exercise design for introductory programming : "Learn-by-Doing" basic O-O-concepts using Inverted Curriculum Marcel Kessler. Master thesis, ETH Zürich, 2004; ETH, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich, Department of Computer Science, Chair of Software Engineering, 2004 
Active participants 
The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this department, you can list your name here (this can help small departments grow and the participants communicate better; for large departments a list of active participants is not needed).
- JordanP (Beginer: CSS, HTML, XHTML, Python, PHP, Flash, Java)
- Aepex (Computer Science)
- AmiDaniel -- VB6, Java, various others
- CQuinton (talk) (Perl, PHP, Python... help with Intro to Programming and Computer science in general)
- CSYoung (Beginner)
- Devourer09 (Computer Science)
- Donald McLean -- Introduction to Programming and the companion course Introduction to Programming in Java
- Girish Pandit(Java, J2EE, SOA, Data Structures, Design Patterns,Database, PHP)
- Hillgentleman--interested to learn PHP
- JaK81600 (Computer Science)
- Mark Roberts (Computer Science)
- Michael Billington (talk • contribs) (VB6, C, and apparently PHP)
- NickSentowski (talk)
- OMouse (D programming language, general proof-reading and filling in the gaps)
- Pedro Gonnet (talk)
- Punk Boi 8
- Quasar (talk)(C Programming, C++, Data Structures, Java)
- raghunandanan 05:05, 9 May 2007 (UTC) a beginner
- Richard2me (Computer Science)
- Cslashb HTML, CSS & Visual Basic, learning Java, C# & C++
- Charles Mwiyeretsi ( SQL, Java, PHP, C, CSS...)
- Gadaba ( SQL, Java, PHP, C, CSS...,Game Design)
- Josh Sandlin (Linux Programming)
- Prototype (Visual Basic, HTML, PHP + SQL)
- Peter Rawsthorne (LAMP beginner)
- Mathieu (LAMP, C, Java, HTML, CSS beginner)
- Jekrox (QB, HTML, Visual Basic)
- Rbhagwandin 16:34, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hitesh Kumar
- Dayne (Computer Programming)
- forbesbuck 15:00, 8 Dec 2010 (just looking to learn code)
- Ernie.cordell 19:08, 1 February 2011 (UTC) (serious computer scientist)
- imus.cavite (inspired beginner)
Course Guide 
Computing Fundamentals • Introduction to Computer Science • Creating a Development Environment • Introduction to Programming • Introduction to Programming Logic • Naming conventions • Procedure Oriented Programming
At least one topic in Procedure Oriented languages
At least Two object-oriented languages.
At least one topic in functional languages.
At least one topic in web-based standards.
At least one topic in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
At least one other topic in computer programming languages.
Or another web based language or standard: