Python is a high-level, object oriented programming language, created by Guido van Rossum in 1990.
If you have never programmed before, it might be a good idea to read the Introduction to Programming first.
- Why learn Python - reasons to hop on the bandwagon.
- Setup and Introduction - In this lesson, we'll cover what exactly Python is, and how to get it setup on your computer with the built-in IDLE code editor.
- Basic Data Types - Learn the five types: strings, tuples, lists, dictionaries, and integers.
- Operators - Python operators - basically, ways to do things.
- Basic Functions - In this lesson, we'll cover local variables, value-passing, and defining functions.
- Flow Control - By using Boolean expressions, flow control, and loops, you'll learn how to code logic into your program.
- Objects - Learn to write Class definitions, and inherit from other classes.
- Libraries - Learn how to use the impressive Python Standard Library
- Quizzes - Quizzes on these lessons
- Basic Script - Basic Python script example.
- Learning resources - additional resources for those who want to learn Python, or get better at it.
- Using USB
Learn more about Python
- Official Python tutorial - the official tutorial on the docs.python.org website.
- Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python - A complete eBook available for free under a Creative Commons license.
- PythonWiki: Python for Non-Programmers
- LearnStreet - Free online Python tutorials & practice exercises
- Start Here: Python 3x Programming Made Fun and Easier