|Active volunteers like you are needed to adopt and care for this lonely resource.
For concerns or suggestions please discuss this resource either on the discussion page or in the Colloquium
Welcome to the learning project CisLunarFreighter!
CisLunarFreighter is being produced by participants at Wikiversity to get direct hands on experience with game development. Using open source tools to the greatest extent possible, participants using a variety of resources will produce a stellar educational game.
Project pages are easily tagged by placing a category link, "[[Category:CisLunarFreighter]]", at the bottom of the page. This makes a list of project pages easily accessible at the bottom of each tagged page. Please help by tagging new pages with the cisLunarFreighter category as explained at Help:Category and Intermediate Wikiversity. Please also use subpages for content related to this project.
Project plan 
In work in small pieces around Wikiversity learning trails. Perhaps a couple of entrepreneurs or other project leader types will tackle a draft schedule or work breakdown structure soon.
- Have fun
- Perform production tasks whilst learning
- Learn from mistakes
- Create multiple player interactivity
- Create client/server applets for CisLunarFreighter as well as a standalone application
- Create an interface to other games with compatible communication format, and/or setup multi-user co-residency (API?)
Project contents 
- Game design
- Software development plan
- Personal game data
- Requirement analysis and high level design
- Initial splashscreen, launcher, menu
- Mission generator
- Takeoff and lander screens
- Terran spaceport
- Spaceship designer
- Spacecraft freight load planner
- Terran, Lunar, Asteroid, or Saturn Pirate Base
- Mini Map Radar Overview, Cockpit Menu, Headsup Communicator
- Asteroids or meteor shower flythroughs
- Solar system game controls
- User keyboard interface controller
- User mouse interface controls
- Background music selection and player
- Lunar spaceports
- Game objects
Game testing 
There is a lot of ground work to be done before we get to game testing... this project is still in the planning phase.
This will have to be done by the developers until we get enough of a game up and running to attract alpha and beta player/testers.
We might get some help from other Wikiversity participants at other Wikiversity course participant's pages.
Game materials distribution 
This has begun on an adhoc basis. Longterm we intend to setup a SourceForge project to backup and distribute at least the stable releases of the open source materials on demand 24/7.
Active participants 
Participants willing to coordinate, consult and/or kibitz reqarding questions:
See also 
- A Hands-On Introduction to Game Design and Production Processes
- Blender for Game Graphics and Animation
- Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game Research Project
Creative materials 
In this project we wish to use materials free as in beer as well as licensing so we have simple distribution to anyone who wishes to download from Sourceforge or receive source or executable from other sources.
- Source of free samples of background music
- More free music licensed under Creative Commons
- Free sets of textures and materials for Blender 3D.
Applicable tutorials 
The following online tutorials demonstrate useful game programming techniques.