|On February 29, 2008 the Wikiversity community was notified that Mike Irwin has unexpectedly passed away. Mike was a dedicated and enthusiastic contributor right from the beginning of this project. His absence is a deep loss for us.|
|This user contributes to the School of Game Design.|
This user contributes to
- Valedictorian, Coquille H.S., 1979.
- B.S. Engineering Physics, Oregon State University, 1984.
- Systems Analyst/Program Manager, 5 ys, Edwards AFB
- Instrumentation and Control Engineer 1.5 yr CH2M-Hill
- Sole Proprietor, Irwin Consulting, 10 yr
- Discontinued, peaked at 12 working computer professionals, Systems Analysts, CAD, Animation & Multimedia
- Currently: At liberty. Studying commercial opportunities in free/open paradigms with a view towards engineering resources or projects.
Wikiversity participant since wayback. Authority to proceed minus a couple of years.
Current Personal Study Zones
- Lunar Boom Town
Technical papers that have attracted my serious interest and attention ...
Subject:heat into light 188.8.131.52/search?q=cache:MdU42903udkJ:www.gamasutra.com/features/gdcarchive/2000/baron.doc+online+game+services+heat&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us
Speculative Fiction Written and Copyrighted by Me
Terran Tankers 
Learning trails in which I have a current interest:
- A Hands-On Introduction to Game Design and Production Processes
- Modeling and Animation Clips using Art of Illusion
Personally Useful Links
- The above is a list of links to specialized knowledge involving use of games as educational resources
Check these out
- http://www.managementhelp.org/ Practical information on managing nonprofits.
Online open textbooks of interest:
Object Oriented Design Links
Game/MUD Development Tools and Links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Bridges_of_K%C3%B6nigsberg Useful html hiding section for question and answer.
HTML Code Test in progress
user:mirwin/sand box this is a test page 2
open fault investigations
- 1 Unexpected Exception
Consider submitting a bug report using the sourceforge.net bug tracker at the following url: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=9495&atid=109495
1. Use the following as the title of the bug report:
Unexpected Exception: null line -2
2. Include steps to reproduce the bug (attach a save game if appropriate). 3. Copy and paste the details below into the bug report:
Windows XP 5.1 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.5.0_09 Freerails build 20060903-0355 compiled by Luke
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source) at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(Unknown Source) at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source) at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source) at jfreerails.network.InetConnectionAccepter.<init>(InetConnectionAccepter.java:44) at jfreerails.launcher.Launcher.prepare2HostNetworkGame(Launcher.java:394) at jfreerails.launcher.Launcher.nextButtonActionPerformed(Launcher.java:628) at jfreerails.launcher.Launcher.access$100(Launcher.java:41) at jfreerails.launcher.Launcher$5.actionPerformed(Launcher.java:470) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)