I've begun restructuring this 'school'. To start with I'm following the suggestions by McCormack on the Colloquium (27 April, 2008), pasted here for convenience and modified/revised. -- Jtneill - Talk 12:45, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
- a. The topics section is really just a list of which pages need a category leading from Category:Psychology, so I'd ensure all the existing (blue) Topic: pages have an equivalent Category: and then rely on the CategoryTree to lead to the listed topics;
- b. the CategoryTree could go on Portal:Psychology (which does not exist yet and might make better sense!).
- Done. -- Jtneill - Talk 15:30, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
- a. The list of uncreated courses is a hangover from the early days and should be deleted.
- b. The created courses should be checked for proper categorisation (CategoryTree listing) and perhaps some chosen as featured content for the new Psychology portal.
The participants list could be moved to the talk page of the new portal.
The rest could probably go in boxes on the new Psychology portal. At the same time, the portal should become more friendly towards resource creation, which the current School: page isn't.
Trying to understand the psychology pages' hierarchy
So, I'm new to the Wikiversity and I have been looking around at the psychology articles, and I found it very confusing that there were four separate "psychology" pages (one for each of Portal:, School:, Topic:, and /Psychology). Perhaps these could be condensed to just one School:Psychology page that is underneath the Social Sciences portal. Then specialties (such as biopsych, cognitive, clinical, etc) could be put under the Topic: namespace. I have a little example here on my user page. I'd be glad to do the consolidation and re-arranging, but I just wanted to ask first so I don't start overwriting plans that other people might have for these pages. Thanks!
-- CraigWilliam 19:17, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
- See the msg on your talk page and made a link at Wikiversity:Portal reform to here. ----Erkan Yilmaz uses the Wikiversity:Chat (try) 18:14, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this school, you can list your name here (this can help small schools grow and the participants communicate better; for large schools it is not needed).
- ArrowStomper 17:47, 12 October 2006 (UTC)
- Freeman 08:56, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
- Yi Fang
- Aismailov 10:43, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
- Dionysios (talk), a Participant in the Wikiversity School of Advanced General Studies, Date: 2007-07-24 (July 24, 2007) Time: 1345 UTC
- 18.104.22.168 06:55, 23 December 2007 (UTC)
- Jtneill 12:28, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
- AFriedman 22:35, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- BrienWest (discuss • contribs) 22:49, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
- Kernsters July 2013
Hey guys, I'm going to be contributing to the Cognitive Psychology sub-project. I don't really know how active this group is, or if you have moved somewhere else, but I have already started improving the main Cognitive psychology stub article in my sandbox. Cheers! BrienWest (discuss • contribs) 22:53, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
- Glad to see some renewed activity! I noticed on your page you have some topics that overlap with a project I'm currently workign on, Fundamentals of Neuroscience. Feel free to check it out or link to it as a resource. (We may even want to consider a merger seeing as your project is just getting off the ground, as I think a cognitive science page would be a great addition to Topic:Neuroscience) ---Kernsters (discuss • contribs) 16:32, 3 July 2013 (UTC)