Wright State University Lake Campus/Showcase/2016-9/Eng 1100
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is my approved project for Phy1050
English 1100-W04 with Mr. Schwartz
All essays have received an A (100). They were assigned out of the textbook Patterns Plus: A Short Prose Reader with Argumentation: 10th Edition (Mary Conlin)
- What is your favorite color? "The Basics of Writing: Processes and Strategies"
- Favorite Childhood Activity "Narration"
- Bedroom Description "Description"
- Personality Comparison "Compare and Contrast"
- The Best Gift Comparison "Compare and Contrast"
Reflective essay for Phy1050
- As far as we know, no image of Prof. Schwartz is available on commons
- Phy1050 is called How things work, and involves physics and technology in the world around us. A small part of this course involved learning HTML, which permitted Breanna to import her essays into Wikiversity (this also serves to encourage the use of Wikiversity in other courses).
- Another component of this project, undertaken by other students in the course, is exploring the use of private wikis where students could write essays and reports without being able to peek into each other's efforts. See wikiversity.miraheze for an example of a private wiki.
- The film claims (falsely) that the sum of all positive integers (1+2+3+...) equals −1/12. The calculation is nevertheless relevant to something called renormalization theory and a calculation that does yield experimentally observed results in the Casimir effect.