Talk:Wikiversity the Movie/Music
I just found out today about Wikiversity. I am an amateur musician, a pianist and composer, mainly. I totally love Film Music, so I'm very interested in this Wikiversity Movie. Has anyone composed the soundtrack already? If not, what should aspirant composers take into account when composing this soundtrack? Is anyone free to give it a shot? Thanks! ---Sergeidave 23:58, 17 January 2007 (UTC)
- You are the first person to express interest, so you are in control! Please note: everything we use here at Wikiversity must be released by its creators under a copyleft license. Please take a look at Wikiversity the Movie/Script outline. --JWSchmidt 00:30, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
Hi, I'm also interested in helping with soundtrack and sound effects. I'm a composer and pianist with bachelors in music, and have produced several CDs of original music. I have a small recording studio at home with professional condenser microphones, and I can produce fully orchestrated, professional-sounding music in common audio formats (.wav, MP3 etc.), using programs like Finale, Reason, CoolEdit Pro and Studio 8. Music and sound technology are my passion! MusicWeaver 05:02, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
Hello there i am an a level student highly interested in film composition i wrote using sibelius software i am interested in this project i hope im not to late. Could i be a pain and ask the people who know more about how wikipidia works explain how i could upload files and things as i would enjoy to help you guys out with this? Gregg
- Hi Gregg. I this Sibelius Software? If you are new to wiki you can try starting at Introduction to Wikiversity. Try reading Wikiversity:Uploading files. If you have questions, let me know. --JWSchmidt 14:50, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
yes sibelius software ok so it all sounds good. can we start playing around with some ideas? is anyone leading us? would be good for us to all input some ideas? thanks
- I suggest that you create an account. If you are not familiar with wiki, the idea is that everyone contributes what they can. Have you seen this script outline? --JWSchmidt 18:45, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
Order of business
So what comes first? Perhaps the composers involved (I think there are 3 or 4 of us) should share ideas for a Wikiversity theme song that would be played at the beginning and/or end of the video when the Wikiversity symbol and slogan appear. It seems like the bulk of the composing would need to be done after we have completed video segments to work with, because the music has to sync with the video. But we could follow the current storylines and scripts in progress at Wikiversity the Movie/Script outline, and start sharing ideas for background music in each scene.
In general, do you think we should have multiple users produce a soundtrack for a given scene and then have a general vote on which should be used? Or should we assign a different composer to each scene to ensure that nobody gets left out?
Also, should there be an audition required of all composers involved? MusicWeaver 05:56, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
Hi, I had the same questions you proposed above. So where can we share our musical ideas? I mean, where should we upload the files to hear each others music and so forth? If we are going to start with the Wikiversity Logo Music, how long should that music clip be? I'm very excited on this project! Sergeidave 18:02, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
- Maybe you could upload some music and suggest how it could be used in the movie. I'm not sure what "Wikiversity Logo Music" would be like. Maybe this short video could provide some practice for Collaborative video creation. All I did for that tutorial was use music that comes with GarageBand....it would be great to have some original music. Some possible scenes to include in the movie are discussed at Script outline. --JWSchmidt 19:14, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
Hi guys, I haven't been around for a while (been kind of busy). I was just wondering if composer will need to use only GarageBand to create their music contributions to this movie. 126.96.36.199 00:24, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
- Some original music would be very welcome, how ever the music is made. You might also be interested in Wiki Campus Radio. --JWSchmidt 01:03, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
2008-08-23: What is the progress ?
So far I have identified 5 users willing to help with the sound track (sorry if I forgot someone, please just add yourself below in the list). The plan will be now to contact them and see who reacts on the new time frame: 15th August 2009.
If you are interested please drop a message. We can also meet in the Wikiversity:Chat later. See you, ----Erkan Yilmaz uses the Wikiversity:Chat (try) 14:41, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
willing to help
- User:Mac Davis
- User:Mr Music
- User:Yuwen Shuo
I'm willing to help with either writing or recording music. I play drum set, guitar and keyboards. Contact me if I can be of any use/help. Cheers, Rock drum (talk • contribs) 15:58, 18 July 2010 (UTC)