Pictures that may be relevant[edit source]
Anti social behaviour among youths
Suggestions and Feedback[edit source]
||FYI, the convention on Wikiversity is for lower-cased headings. For example, use:
==Cats and dogs==
==Cats and Dogs==
-- Jtneill - Talk - c 08:51, 29 October 2015 (UTC)
Chapter review and feedback
- Overall, this is a solid chapter. which could be improved by .
- For more feedback see these copyedits and the comments below.
- Theory is well covered, explained and applied.
- Research is well covered.
- When describing important research studies, provide some indication of the nature of the sample and possibly cultural context.
- When discussing important research findings, indicate the size of effects in addition to whether or not there was an effect or relationship.
- The Reeve (2015) textbook is over-used as a citation; preferably consult and cite primary, peer-reviewed sources.
- Some statements were unreferenced (e.g., see the tags)
- Written expression
- Avoid directional referencing (e.g., above, below, as previously mentioned).
- Some paragraphs are overly long. Each paragraph should communicate one key idea in three to five sentences.
- Avoid sections with only one sub-section. A section should have no sub-sections or at least two sub-sections.
- See earlier comments about heading casing
- Add bullet-points for See also and External links.
- Table and Figure captions should be more explanatory.
- Learning features
- Add Interwiki links (e.g., to relevant Wikipedia articles and other Wikiversity book chapters) to make the text more interactive.
- Quiz questions are used effectively to encourage reader engagement.
- Grammar and proofreading
- The grammar of some sentences could be improved (e.g., see the
- Check and correct the use of abbreviations (such as "e.g.," and "i.e.,").
- Check and correct the use of ownership apostrophes (e.g., individuals vs. individual's vs. individuals').
- APA style
- Add APA style captions to tables and figures.
- Check and correct APA style for direct quotes page numbers.
- The reference list is not in full APA style.
-- Jtneill - Talk - c 15:00, 27 November 2015 (UTC)
- Overall, this is a basic, but sufficient presentation.
- Use the Overview to set up the problem - this could be made more salient - e.g., what is an example of anti-social behaviour that might be of concern to understand and change?
- Some relevant theory is explained in a basic manner.
- Consider using more illustrative examples.
- Emphasise practical, take-home messages.
- Audio is well-paced, but somewhat monotone; varied intonation adds interest and engagement.
- Minimal use of images.
- Basic, largely text-based slides.
- The presentation should provide an overview of the topic (and psychological theory/research and practical implications) and not the chapter per se (a subtle but important distinction).
- Overall, well produced.
- Rename the title so that it includes the subtitle (and matches the book chapter).
- No description - fill out the description field (e.g., brief description of presentation, link back to the book chapter, license details, and possibly include references and image attributions).
- The copyright licenses and sources for the images used is not indicated - there may have been copyright violation unless you own the copyright to the images used or these were public domain images.
- A copyright license for the presentation is not indicated (i.e., in the description or in the presentation slides).
- No link is provided back to the book chapter.
-- Jtneill - Talk - c 09:23, 2 December 2015 (UTC)