Social Entrepreneurship is an emerging field of inquiry and therefore there is no one preferred definition.
Characteristics of Social Entrepreneurship
- Social entrepreneurship is innovative, social value-creating activity
- Unique solution to a social problem
- Huge social impact crossing regions and national borders
- Replicable and sustainable
- It occurs within or across the non-profit, business and public sectors
- Dynamic process created and managed by an individual
- Strives to exploit social innovation with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Create new social value in the market and community.
Suggested Generic Definitions
Social entrepreneurship is ...