Social entrepreneurship is an emerging field of inquiry and therefore there is no one preferred definition. Definitions of this type of entrepreneurship generally include that it is a type of business where not only is profit valued, but also creating a positive social impact.
[edit | edit source]
- Social entrepreneurship is innovative, social value-creating activity
- Unique solution to a social problem
- Huge social impact crossing regions and national borders
- Replicable and sustainable
- It occurs within or across the non-profit, business and public sectors
- Dynamic process created and managed by an individual
- Strives to exploit social innovation with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Create new social value in the market and community.
- Helps in fostering sustainable Development Goals(SDG)
Ideas to learn about[edit | edit source]
Here are some local learning ideas on this wiki related to entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship.
Suggested generic definitions[edit | edit source]
Social entrepreneurship is ...
Discussion questions and essay ideas[edit | edit source]
- What are some potential businesses that attempt to achieve a triple bottom line?
- How can decentralized finance help to facilitate social entrepreneurship?
- How can social entrepreneurship help to alleviate poverty?
- What business ethics lessons can social entrepreneurship help us to understand or analyze?
Learning readings and media[edit | edit source]
Wikipedia[edit | edit source]
- Social entrepreneurship
- The Power of Unreasonable People
- B Corporation (certification)
- Benefit corporation
- Social accountability (Template)
- Social purpose corporation
- Flexible purpose corporation
- Sustainable business
- Business ethics
- List of social entrepreneurs
- Social venture capital
- Social innovation
- Corporate social entrepreneurship
- Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship