Small and medium-sized enterprises
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs, also small and medium enterprises) or small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are businesses whose personnel numbers fall below certain limits.
Small enterprises outnumber large companies by a wide margin and also employ many more people. SMEs are also said to be responsible for driving innovation and competition in many economic sectors.
- (Open Innovation Ecosystem) Explore the role of Open Innovation Ecosystems for SMEs.
- (Appreciation of Failure) "Many SMEs fail". Look for the scientific evidence for that statement! For complex problem solving SMEs can operate in network of flexible innovative units that approach the problem from different angles. Design a reward system for SMEs, that appreciates well-documented failure of their business model by certain benefits. What are possible obstactles for such a reward system. Explain, why such a failure must be well-documented by the SME for having a real value for problem solving.
- Wikipedia:Small and medium-sized enterprises
- Wikipedia:Problem solving
- Swarm intelligence
- Open Innovation Ecosystem
- Appreciation of Failure
- Wikipedia contributors. (2018, June 8). Small and medium-sized enterprises. In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 07:05, June 19, 2018, from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Small_and_medium-sized_enterprises&oldid=845033419
- Van de Vrande, V., De Jong, J. P., Vanhaverbeke, W., & De Rochemont, M. (2009). Open innovation in SMEs: Trends, motives and management challenges. Technovation, 29(6-7), 423-437.