Welcome to the School of History's Task page! This page is designed as a simple place where our Departments can list things that they need help on, so that you can dig in and get involved contributing to Wikiversity. If any of the following sound like things you'd be interested in doing, jump right in! Be bold !
The following list is organized by Department and Project.
General learning project
I have started using timelines. Please see Tudor Origins of the British Empire/Timeline. Perhaps the format can be improved. But if we have a shared format, then specific facts can easily be copied from different timelines. i.e. Crown of Ireland Act 1542 could be included in a timeline for Ireland. I have created a space to put links for timelines here.
Departmental Task pages
The format is "pagename/Tasks". It would be helpful if each department had its own task page, as below.
- We currently need contributors to improve our outline of Irish History. If you think you can do this, or can help, go ahead and get started or post on the project talk page.
- We're trying to develop a comprehensive list of songs (preferably in English or Irish Gaelic) that deal with aspects of Irish History. If you know of any songs that talk about something that happened in Ireland's past, go ahead and add it to our list.
Courses to be revitalised
These are courses which have been shelved:
- Hitler's Germany (last active: 2009)
- Thucydides: The Peloponnesian War (431-404 BC) (last active: 2008)
- Trench Warfare (last active: 2007)
These are topics that have been requested and are considered high priority for the Department. Please start or expand these projects if you are familiar with the topic area!
- Great Britain - 15th Century
- Great Britain - 16th Century
- Great Britain - 20th Century
- History Of Farming In Great Britain
- History of Wales
- History Of Scotland
- History of Northern Ireland
- History of England
- European History (General)
- Ancient Europe (see also the School of Classics)
- The Absolute Monarchies
- The Second World War
- European Union
- History of Ireland (See the History of Ireland through Song)
- History of Northern Ireland
- History of Irish Folklore
- History of Italy
- Italy In The World Wars
- Military History of Italy
- War of The League of Cognac
- Magna Graecia (Greater Greece)
- Russia & the Soviet Union (USSR)
- Needs to be deleted and started in earnest; as soon as a course template is available, these tasks will be greatly simplified. William Hamblin 16:00, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- Found this article that was written in broken English and still called "US Civil War." I found it adorable that the first author thought the US Civil War led to the Revolutionary War, still probably the single most compelling reason for the military history department's existence IMHO. William Hamblin 16:00, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- I found this one well planned and partly filled, but it needs an extensive amount of work. William Hamblin 16:00, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- I still haven't looked this over well, planning on getting to it 3rd or 4th. William Hamblin 16:00, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- I found it as a stub, it basically says nothing. William Hamblin 16:00, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- Construction for Vietnam War has begun. Contributors are needed to improve and enrich the course. KonKweesta (discuss • contribs) 13:30, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- Feel free to contribute any military history you might possess in the continued growth (and hopefully near future teaching viability) of one of the few military history departments left in the world... William Hamblin 16:00, 15 May 2010 (UTC)