Welcome to the Wikiversity School of Geophysics.
Geophysics, the study of planets (primarily Earth) by quantitative methods specific to Physics. It especially relates to a planets Physics phenomena, including studies on seismic forces, electromagnetic fields, and radioactivity. The included subjects interrelate with other sciences, including The School of Earth Sciences
- Seismology (earthquakes and elastic waves)
- Gravity and geodesy (the earth's gravitational field and the size and form of the earth)
- Atmospheric science, which includes:
- Geothermometry (heating of the earth, heat flow, volcanology, and hot springs)
- Hydrology (ground and surface water, sometimes including Glaciology)
- Physical oceanography
- Tectonophysics (geological processes in the earth)
- Exploration and engineering geophysics
- Geophysical Engineering
- Applied geophysics
- Mineral Physics
- Engineering geology
- Planetary Science
Learn more about Geophysics
The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this school, you can list your name here (this can help small schools grow and the participants communicate better; for large schools it is not needed).
- 6 January 2007 - School founded!