If you update featured content on this portal, make sure that you update Portal:Mathematics/Featured.
Some minor touches
I sorted the Topics, removed "Topic:" from each of the subdivisions' names, created a new Elementary Mathematics division to help reduce clutter, and fixed a couple other minor details. MichaelShoemaker 01:12, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
New page format
[In violation of copyright laws, equmath.net duplicates the content of http://www.sosmath.com.]
I was on a long wikibreak. I started to work again on most-perfect magic square, see sandbox/squares, sandbox/squares (details), Values of the Chautisa Yantra_magic square and commons:project:Featured_picture_candidates/File:Magic square at the Parshvanatha temple, Khajuraho.png.
The informations are to large for a Wikipedia article. Please ket me know at user talk:Gangleri if somebody can cooperate in writing, proofreading, advising about these topics.
links at The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences!
- search "magic+square"
- "most perfect magic square"
- A151941 The number of most-perfect magic squares of order 2^m where m>=2.
- searching the "all ones" sequences
- I have some ideas about making a generalisation of the Frénicle standard form using Galois group (see Galois theory) and residuals (see Isomorphism, Automorphism) to show that there is only one "generalised esentialy different" most-perfect magic square
- examples ilustrates some of the homeomorphisms
- P.S. meta:project:Babel#en:most-perfect magic squares - Jain squares and their graphical and algebraic pattern
- deleted material at meta about 4x4 type squares
- ·לערי ריינהארט·T·m:Th·T·email me· 23:50, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
A place for research
Where is a good place for collaborative research on work on filters and lattices?
Answer: Filters on Posets wiki
Here is the bibliography:
- Roland Backhouse. Galois Connections and Fixed Point Calculus. 2001.
- Grzegorz Bancerek. Prime ideals and filters. Formalized Mathematics, 8(2), 1996.
- Garrett Birkhoff. Neutral elements in general lattices. Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, 46(8):702–705, 1940.
- Francis Borceux and Maria-Cristina Pediccio. On primeness and maximality of filters. Cahiers de Topologie et GÃľomÃľtrie DiffÃľrentielle CatÃľgoriques, 30(2):167–181, 1989.
- M. Erne, J. Koslowski, A. Melton, and G. E. Strecker. A primer on Galois connections.
- JÃąn JakubÃŋk. Center of infinitely distributive lattices. Matem. fyz. casopis, 8:116–120, 1957.
- JÃąn JakubÃŋk. Center of a complete lattice. Czechoslovak Mathematical Journal, 23(1):125–138, 1973.
- Hirokazu Nishimura. An approach to the dimension theory of continuous geometry from the standpoint of boolean valued analysis. Publications of the research Institute for Mathematical Sciences, 20(5):1091–1101, 1984.
- PlanetMath. Criteria for a poset to be a complete lattice. At http://planetmath.org/encyclopedia/CriteriaForAPosetToBeACompleteLattice.html.
- Wikipedia. w:Distributive lattice –- wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, 2009. [Online; accessed 13-May-2009].
PDF Files and Audio Books , The Wiki3
I'm very much interested in Mathematics, maybe a bit more compared to other areas of Science.... Does anyone think it would be a bit more interesting if we could download or view online mainly pdf, or other file reading formats of the main subjects and.... if Wiki volunteers, would want creating general knowledge audio books of the main subject...
eg.... A Main book about science and another separate audio book of subjects included, and sub audio books on parts of the subject book and goes on....
and we can call it wiki3 or Media3 (MediaWiki+mp3)
Does anyone think that would work....