This page is for people who are interested in research - of any description. If this includes you, please add youself to the list so that others can find you, and possibly collaborate on a project of mutual interest.
Researchers[edit | edit source]
Please add yourself at the end of the list (Should we add ourselves alphabetically, or by interest? Is the latter possible?)
- Cormaggio: I'm a PhD student in Manchester (UK), interested in educational research, particularly action research. I've instigated a project (possibly to become a number of smaller projects) at Developing Wikiversity through action research - please do pitch in if it sounds of interest. I'm keeping a blog and a wiki to help with my research, though neither is very well-developed yet. I very much look forward to learning more about research through doing it here on Wikiversity - and I am fascinated to see what kind of research community we can help to build here. Loads more to say, of course, but better leave space for everyone else to have a say. :-) Cormaggio beep 19:28, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
- Juan: I´am a MSc student in Prague (cze), actually interested in short term research based on two foreign language teaching in the same time at the same place. --Juan 15:39, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
- User:JWSchmidt. Wiki technology combined with volunteer editors..... what can be accomplished at Wikiversity with that combination? "..... the idea here is to also host learning communities, so people who are actually trying to learn, actually have a place to come and interact and help each other figure out how to learn things. We're also going to be hosting and fostering research into how these kinds of things can be used more effectively." (source)
In addition to introspective analysis of Wikiversity itself, I am interested in the role of research activities in the "learn by doing" model of education. I hope Wikiversity can become a center for engaging participants in research projects such as the Astronomy Project. There is some information about my personal research interests at Cell Biology/JWSchmidt. --JWSchmidt 19:16, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
- recoverypsychologist: I am psychiatric rehabilitation worker, who is studying clinical psychology (no degree yet) so my actual expertise is this "recovery" stuff that seriously conflicts with clinical psychology. My research is based on the assertion that two conflicting concepts can not logically exist seperatelty.--recovery psychologist 03:55, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
- Relex: Hmm.. I'm an undergrad studying Neurobio/Microbio, and my interest here is in creating an open academic forum, a venue for all research in the unique Wiki-way. Let's get things started :) --Relex 02:32, 13 February 2007 (UTC)
- mikeu: I'm an astronomer at the Ladd Observatory. Prev. worked at a planetarium. Interested in astronomy, history of science and public education. Currently working on Observational astronomy/Extrasolar planet. --mikeu 16:53, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
- Hi i am Pulak Agarwal from India, am working with a company as a operations manager. I basically wanted to do a research in business operations. Pulakcat, 03:59, 20 May 2007
- sherons: I´am a MSc Physics holder from Mahatma Gandhi University, India, interested in space research, i think wikiversity is a good source of informations i needed, if anyone interested in the same please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org, 05:04, 30 July 2007
- I'm Prof.Vivek Sharma, Chandigarh, India. I feel that today, as the complexities are increasing, still, researchers from different fields can share their findings and they can be applicable to many other fields benifiting the human race. (The preceding unsigned comment was added by Prof. Vivek Sharma (talk • contribs) 05:50, 11 August 2007)
- Cbbahn Hi, I am a senior researcher with CUREM in Zurich, Switzerland. I am especially interested in urban economics and sociology, real estate and hedge funds. 13:45, 31 August 2007
- Tom Jirinec: Interested in all kinds of research but mainly physics and/or astronomy. Anyone care to join me? 14:00, 9 September 2007
- Brentc: A am currrently doing a small exploratory research project: Elearning_in_open_source_education.