Motivation and emotion/Assessment/Quizzes
Summary[edit | edit source]
There are 6 equally-weighted, 10-question, 10-minute, multiple-choice, online quizzes. There is one quiz per module.
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Weight: 25%
|1 - Week 04 Mon 9am 21 Aug 2023
2 - Week 06 Mon 9am 04 Sep 2023
3 - Week 08 Mon 9am 18 Sep 2023
4 - Week 11 Mon 9am 09 Oct 2023
5 - Week 13 Mon 9am 23 Oct 2023
6 - Week 15 Mon 9am 06 Nov 2023
- 6 equally-weighted online quizzes assess understanding of motivation and emotion theories and research as described by the Reeve (2018) textbook and discussed in lectures and tutorials.
Learning outcomes[edit | edit source]
How the learning outcomes are addressed by this assessment exercise:
|Learning outcome||Assessment task|
|Identify the major principles of motivation and emotion||The quizzes test understanding of key theories and research in the field of motivation and emotion as emphasised in the textbook, lectures, and tutorials.|
Graduate attributes[edit | edit source]
How this assessment exercise addresses the graduate attributes:
|Graduate attribute||Assessment task|
|Be professional - up-to-date knowledge and skills||Develop a broad understanding of current psychological theory and research about motivation and emotion.|
Guidelines[edit | edit source]
There are 6 online quizzes (one per module; each quiz counts equally):
- Quizzes can be attempted at any time before the due date from any internet-connected computer. Google Chrome is the recommended browser.
- Each quiz can be attempted once.
- Missed quizzes receive 0.
- Content: Quizzes consist of 10 randomly selected multiple-choice questions from a test bank designed to assess knowledge of content covered in the corresponding textbook chapters.
- Reviewing results: Once a quiz attempt has been submitted, the questions, responses, and correct answers will be viewable. Once the review screen has been closed, this information will no longer be available.
- Time limit: 10 minutes.
- Academic integrity: Quizzes should be completed independently, with no assistance from other people. Study materials such as the Reeve (2018) textbook, lecture/study notes, and internet resources are permitted.
- Bug bounty (bonus marks): Email the unit convener if you identify a quiz error or possible improvement. Accepted revisions will earn a bonus quiz mark.
Schedule[edit | edit source]
The recommended schedule for regular completion of the quizzes is:
|Module||Week||Quiz||Chapter||Due Mon 9am|
|1||01-02||1: Introduction||01 - 02||Week 04|
|2||03-04||2: Needs||03 - 06||Week 06|
|3||05-06||3: Goals and self||07 - 11||Week 08|
|4||07-09||4: Emotion||12 - 13||Week 11|
|5||10-11||5: Individual emotions||14, 16||Week 13|
|6||12-13||6: Growth and interventions||15. 17||Week 15|