Motivation and emotion/Assessment/Quizzes
Online quizzes about each of the 17 Reeve (2018) textbook chapters
17 equally-weighted 10-item multiple-choice online quizzes. One quiz per textbook chapter. Worth 30%.
The purpose of this assessment task is to guide and assess students' understanding of motivation and emotion theories and research as presented in the Reeve (2018) textbook and discussed in lectures and tutorials.
There is an online quiz about each of the 17 textbook chapters:
- Attempts: Quizzes can be attempted from any internet-connected computer. Google Chrome is the recommended browser. Each quiz can each be attempted once or twice. If attempted twice, an average of the two quiz attempts will be used as the quiz mark.
- Availability: Quizzes will be available throughout semester.
- Content: Quizzes consist of 10 randomly selected multiple-choice questions from a test bank designed to assess knowledge of content covered in the related textbook chapter.
- Reviewing results: Once a quiz attempt has been submitted, the questions, responses, and correct answers will be viewable. Once the review screen has been closed, this information will no longer be available.
- Time limit: 10 minutes.
- Weighting: Each quiz counts equally towards the final mark. Missed quizzes receive 0.
- Academic integrity: Quizzes should be completed independently, with no assistance from other people. Study materials such as the Reeve (2018) textbook, lecture/study notes, and internet resources are permitted.
- Bonus marks: Email the unit convener if you identify a quiz error or improvement. Accepted revisions will earn bonus quiz marks.
|Be able to integrate theories and current research towards explaining the role of motivation and emotions in human behaviour.||The quizzes test understanding of key theories and current research in the field of motivation and emotion as emphasised in the textbook, lectures, and tutorials.|
List of quizzes
The quizzes can be accessed via:
- Quiz 01: Introduction
- Quiz 02: Motivation in Historical Perspective
- Quiz 03: The Motivated and Emotional Brain
- Quiz 04: Physiological Needs
- Quiz 05: Extrinsic Motivation
- Quiz 06: Psychological Needs
- Quiz 07: Implicit Motives
- Quiz 08: Goal Setting and Goal Striving
- Quiz 09: Mindsets
- Quiz 10: Personal Control Beliefs
- Quiz 11: The Self and Its Strivings
- Quiz 12: Nature of Emotion
- Quiz 13: Aspects of Emotion
- Quiz 14: Individual Emotions
- Quiz 15: Growth Motivation and Positive Psychology
- Quiz 16: Unconscious Motivation
- Quiz 17: Interventions