Jump to navigation Jump to search
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N
O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z &
- Daniel Gureasko Bobrow (born 1935) is a Research Fellow in the Intelligent Systems Laboratory of the Palo Alto Research Center, and is amongst other things known for creating an oft-cited artificial intelligence program STUDENT, with which he earned his PhD. He earned his BS from RPI in 1957, SM from Harvard in 1958, and PhD in Mathematics from MIT under the supervision of Marvin Minsky in 1964. Bobrow was the President of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), chair of the Cognitive Science Society, Editor-in-chief of the journal Artificial Intelligence. He shared the 1992 ACM Software Systems Award for his work on Interlisp.
- "Dimensions of Representation," pp. 1-34. By Daniel Bobrow.
- "What’s in a Link: Foundations for Semantic Networks," pp. 35-82. By W.A. Woods.
- "Some Principles of Memory Schemata," pp. 131-150. By Donald Norman & Daniel Bobrow.
- "A Frame for Frame: Representing Knowledge for Recognition," pp. 151-184. By B.J. Kuipers.
- "Frame Representations and the Declarative-Procedural Controversy," pp. 185-210. By Terry Winograd
- "The Structure of Episodes in Memory," pp. 237-272. By Roger Schank.
- "Notes on a Schema for Stories." By David Rumelhart.
- By John Seely Brown and Richard R. Burton. p. 311.
- Literature/1975/Anderson [^]
- Bobrow, Daniel G. & Allan M. Collins eds. (1975). Representation and Understanding: Studies in Cognitive Science (Language, Thought, and Culture). New York, NY: Academic Press. [^]
- Literature/1975/Buzan [^]
- Literature/1975/Capra [^]
- Literature/1975/Chomsky [^]
- Peter Chen, et al. (1975). ACM SIGIR Forum, Volume 10 Issue 3 (Winter 1975). [^]
- Cole, Peter & Jerry L. Morgan, eds. (1975). Syntax and Semantics, Vol. 3: Speech Act. New York: Academic Press. [^]
- Dijkstra, Edsger W. (1975). "Guarded Commands, Nondeterminacy and Formal Derivation of Program." Communications of the ACM (August 1975) 18(8): 453-457. [^]
- Douglas, Mary (1975). Implicit Meanings: Essays in Anthropology. Routledge. [^]
- Feyerabend, Paul (1975). Against Method: Outline of an Anarchist Theory of Knowledge. New Left Books. [^]
- Fodor, Jerry (1975). The Language of Thought. Harvard University Press. [^]
- Literature/1975/Gadamer [^]
- Literature/1975/Gardner [^]
- Grice, Paul (1975). "Logic and Conversation," pp. 41-58, in: Cole, Peter & Jerry L. Morgan eds. (1975). Syntax and Semantics, Vol. 3: Speech Act. New York: Academic Press. [^]
- Hacking, Ian (1975). Why Does Language Matter to Philosophy? Cambridge University Press. [^]
- Literature/1975/Holland [^]
- Kochen, Manfred, ed. (1975). Information for Action: from Knowledge to Wisdom. New York: Academic Press. [^]
- Literature/1975/Kolb [^]
- Literature/1975/Lakoff [^]
- Leavis, Frank (1975). The Living Principle: 'English' as a Discipline of Thought. London: Chatto & Windus. [^]
- Literature/1975/Lewis [^]
- Literature/1975/Lucas [^]
- Literature/1975/Luckmann [^]
- Literature/1975/MacKay [^]
- Minsky, Marvin (1975). "A Framework for Representing Knowledge," in: Winston, Patrick, ed. (1975). The Psychology of Computer Vision. New York: McGraw-Hill. pp. 211-77. [^]
- Literature/1975/Norman [^]
- Pask, Gordon (1975). Conversation, Cognition and Learning. Elsevier. [^]
- Percy, Walker (1975). The Message in the Bottle: How Queer Man Is, How Queer Language Is, and What One Has to Do with the Other. Farrar, Straus and Giroux. [^]
- Literature/1975/Pfeiffer [^]
- Literature/1975/Piaget [^]
- Literature/1975/Pocock [^]
- Polanyi, Michael & Harry Prosch (1975). Meaning. University of Chicago Press. [^]
- Putnam, Hilary (1975). Mind, Language and Reality, Philosophical Papers Vol. 2, Cambridge University Press. [^]
- Literature/1975/Quiton [^]
- Ricoeur, Paul (1975). The Rule of Metaphor: Multi-Disciplinary Studies in the Creation of Meaning in Language. Robert Czerny, Kathleen McLaughlin & John Costello, trans., London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1978. [^]
- Searle, John (1975). "Indirect Speech Acts," pp. 59-82, in: Cole, Peter & Jerry L. Morgan, eds. (1975). Syntax and Semantics, Vol. 3: Speech Act. New York: Academic Press. [^]
- Sperber, Dan (1975). Rethinking Symbolism. Cambridge University Press. [^]
- Literature/1975/Suppes [^]
- Literature/1975/Unger [^]
- Wilson, Edward (1975). Sociobiology: The New Synthesis. Harvard University Press. [^]
- Winston, Patrick, ed. (1975). The Psychology of Computer Vision. New York: McGraw-Hill. [^]
- Pirsig, Robert (1974). Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values. William Morrow & Co. [^]
- Literature/1973/Schumacher [^]
- Kochen, Manfred (1972). "WISE: A World Information Synthesis and Encyclopaedia." Journal of Documentation, 28: 322-341. [^]
- Literature/1972/Popper [^]
- Bernal, J. D. (1939). The Social Function of Science. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul Ltd. [^]
- Wells, H. G. (1938). World Brain. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, Doran & Co. [^]
- Ogden, C. K. & I. A. Richards (1923). The Meaning of Meaning: A Study of the Influence of Language upon Thought and of the Science of Symbolism. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul Ltd. [^]