Introduction to psychology/Psy102/Lectures
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Overview[edit | edit source]
- There were 11 x 2 hour lectures held at the University of Canberra, Semester 2, 2009.
- Lectures were presented by James Neill and a variety of guest lecturers from the Centre for Applied Psychology, University of Canberra.
- Lectures were largely based around corresponding chapter readings from the Gerrig et al. (2008) textbook.
- Some of the slides and handouts are available via the links to the lecture pages.
- Video and audio was streamed and recorded and was available to University of Canberra students. Lecture recordings by James Neill can be made available by request.
Lecture topics[edit | edit source]
|01||01||Introduction and overview||James Neill||Ch01|
|02||02||Intercultural and indigenous psychology||Guest lecturer||Riggs (2004)|
|03||03||Mind, consciousness and alternate states||Vivienne Lewis||Ch05|
|04||04||Cognitive processes||James Neill||Ch08|
|06||05||Therapies for psychological disorders||Tim Carey||Ch15|
|07||06||Sensation and perception||Thea Vanags||Ch04|
|10||07||Learning and behaviour analysis||Janet Tweedie||Ch06|
|11||08||Intelligence and intelligence assessment||James Neill||Ch09|
|14||10||Social processes, society and culture||James Neill||Ch17|
|15||11||Summary and review||James Neill||-|