Introduction to Calculus
Welcome to Introduction to Calculus
This is the course Introduction to Calculus Overview Page which comes under the Calculus Topic Page. Before taking this the Introduction to Calculus Course it is recommended that you have a working knowledge of trigonometry as defined by the quiz below.
Try to complete the questions and check with the Discussion Page answers submitted by various users. If you still have difficulty then check out the Trigonometry Page. -
Outline[edit | edit source]
Quizzes, tests, and exams[edit | edit source]
- It would be better if you solve the quiz in your usename space, e.g. User:Your Username/Introduction to Calculus. After solving the quiz post the link to this quiz's talk page.
If you can pass this quiz, you are ready to take this course
- Express in terms of
- If then what does equal?
- Prove using
- Find the double angle idenities for the cosine function using the above rule.
- Find the half angle idenities from the double angle idenities.
- Find the value of without exponents using the above rules.
- (Challenge) Find the value of without exponents.
- A review on all of this course's prerequisites.
Online Course Resources[edit | edit source]
- Single Variable calculus, Fall 2006, Prof. David Jerison(Video Lectures)
- Single Variable calculus, Fall 2005, Prof. Jason Starr
- Calculus II
References[edit | edit source]
K. Stein, Sherman. Calculus and Analytic Geometry. 2nd ed. New York: Mc-Graw Hill Book Company, 1973.