Assess Your Skills
Classification of Content
- In order to classify the content, it is important to understand how each is different. For example, a fact is true and correct no matter what. The earth is round. The Titanic sank on April 15, 1912.
- One of the best ways to help understand how to classify content is to provide an example. Based on the concept of driving, we can review the content and classify it according to CDT:
Example: How to drive
- Fact: Internal combustion engines require oil. OR Cars engines run on fuel: gasoline, diesel or biofuel.
- Concept: The concept of mobility is reflecting in being able to travel by driving from point A to Point B.
- Principle: For driving, rules of the road such as speed limit provide a law or principle.
- Process: The process of converting gasoline in the engine to energy which drives the drivetrain to go from one point from another reflects an example of a process.
- Procedure: A step-by-step procedure on how to start a car:
- Put key in ignition
- Put foot on brake
- Turn key to the right (if key is required), otherwise push ignition button while foot is on brake
- Change gears from Park to Reverse or Drive (depending upon condition)
- Press accelerator pedal
Review the CDT Matrix