Instructional design/Component Display Theory/CDT Checklist
Lesson Scenario Two
Financial Example Classify the content within a lower-division financial college course, we review the curriculum content to determine how we can classify the content to build instruction:
Fact: Annual financial reports are required to be completed by Local governments.
Concept: Financial information can be used to determine the “health” of a community.
Principle: GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), State laws, and local ordinances.
Process: The process of adopting a Budget from setting policy to appropriation (enacting the budget into law).
- ) Prepare the budget calendar
- ) Prepare and distribute budget instructions
- ) Prepare revenue estimates
- ) Prepare departmental expenditure requests, Interfund transfer requests & capital outlay request summary
- ) Consolidate departmental requests, revenue estimates and submit to CEO for review and revision
- ) Prepare the budget document
- ) Present the document to the legislative body
- ) Hold public hearings
- ) Record the approved budget in the accounts
Now you try it