| You are examining an archive of past discussions for transparent review by inquisitive participants.
Please ask questions and share your thoughts on the current discussion page.
If you're interested in joining the Mentoring program, add your name in the appropriate list below, along with what time zone you're in! If you like, you can add what elements of French you are either most interested in learning, or most prepared to teach.
Note: Only those who have registered an account at Wikiversity will be kept on this list. The rest will be removed.
Another Note: Students who are listed in italics have been assigned a Mentor.
A record of Mentors & Students is kept here for organizational purposes.
(Please post in the appropriate category below)
Complete (or near complete) Beginners
- Zepko I live in California and speak English fluently as well as Japanese conversationally. Any help learning French or Spanish would be greatly appreciated. Pacific Time Zone, USA
- Anisa i live in turkey for a while (GMT + 3:00)
- User: arun, in UTC+5:30 India ...I would like to learn French through a facilitator. Please help me if you can. Thankyou, tata.
- User:simpliciodesilva, in UTC+5:30 india . i am a begineer, hope to get a mentor. thank you
- Princeof500, in UTC+7
- Soroush, in UTC+3:30
- Karenmariew, in Eastern Time Zone, USA
- dpoirier, Eastern Time Zone, studying French at University
- Slojzer 02:15, 6 January 2009 (UTC)-5 Eastern Time Zone-Canada
- V T R Ravi Kumar, in UTC+5:30 India. I am a beginner and am thrilled to learn with a mentors help
- Cathiesears I do not know any french, but I can learn quickly. I would like to be proficient by next year's summer. I plan to be a foreign exchange student and go to France. Central Time Zone, United states
- jpaagt, in UTC-5, Bogotá/Colombia.
- Hollatainment 11:04, 14 May 2009 (UTC), in GMT, Accra/Ghana. I am a beginner at Alliance Francaise, Accra and want be more comfortable conversing in French and build the confidence to speak. I'm on Skype (hollatainment)
- Jcole15, in UTC+10, Canberra/Australia. I'm studing an introductory french course at university, looking to accelerate my learning.
- Renddslow, in Eastern Time Zone, USA
- Retrocorset, Eastern Time Zone, USA. I studied French years ago, and would like to become more proficient for upcoming trips to Quebec. Thank you!
- CQ, Central Time USA (UTC-6) complete newbie
- Superericren,Pacific Time Zone, Canada. Em a real complete beginner, I gotta a French course in secondary school but I know little french. Hope anyone could help me. my Email is email@example.com
- Oujousun 21:32, 4 November 2009 (UTC)complete beginner. +1GMT Nigeria.Please help.
- lolalita Joni, Pacific Time, USA, complete beginner, trying to teach myself through books and Internet, but need a native speaker for conversation practice.email jcs116(at)gmail(dot)com
- Favio.agg 16:57, 23 November 2009 (UTC) -- Cucuta, Colombia, N.Y. Pacific Time, complete beginner. Third Language to learn... A new challenge begins..
- Prabuddha +5:30GMT, 5TH DEC 2009 Hi i am from India, I am interested to learn french.
- kylewalken -7GMT, Pacific Time Zone (Vancouver, BC) - I studied French in junior high, but have forgotten nearly everything. Would like to remember it all again. Fluent native speaker of English.
- Eden,hey nice meeting you here. i plan to reach the conversational level of French language before i travel there. i've learned a little bit before (8 years ago, for 2 months...lol) so i guess i am a squeaky-beginner.
- abhishekwhitegold,hello everyone my name is abhishek,i am a complete beginer in french and i need help,i am fluent in english and hindi.
- Sikanderjit,in GMT+5:30.I would love to learn the romance language,French.Im from India.
- Spellbyndr 01:35, 26 March 2010 (UTC)I am not yet too old to learn French, and now I have the time. I would greatly appreciate the help of a mentor. Thank you.
- Gryphoenix GMT +8. :)
- Deadbonesdancing 07:50, 30 May 2010 (AKST) I am interested in how to speak french. I would love help.
- jefferysurya17:55, 29 june GMT+5:30. i am interested to learn french as a spoken language..
- mezzaninelounge Eastern Time Zone
- Djantonacci university student hoping to study French for the next two years before studying abroad. Eastern Time Zone
- slapshot136 I am interested in visiting France soon, so I wanted to learn French first. (EST -5)
- ljhao I have always been interested in French, and i have just finished the E1 level for French at the local Alliance Francaise. I would like to build a strong foundation in my vocabulary and grammar. My aim is to be a fluent speaker, writer and reader of French. (UTC/GMT +8)
- Nutellachill I plan to visit Belgium in a year's time and would like to be able to carry a friendly conversation. I'd be thrilled to learn with a mentor. GMT+8
- ekiknard10I'm currently a student learning french at my high school. I'd like to further my knowledge of french to be prepared so i can apply to be a foreign exchange student. A mentor's help would be greatly appreciated! eastern time zone
- Sunkillmoon 19:55, 1 October 2011, GMT:London. I can speak French but not as fluent as I did when I lived in Cameroon as a child. Would love to improve upon my reading, writing and speaking ability. Speaking French fluently will facilitate communication between I and the pateints I encounter in a clinical setting. A mentor will be greatly appreciated.
- Michael130187 19:36, 22 November 2008 (UTC), in UTC. Studied some french in school, and I've been teaching myself a little on and off, but I'm still very much a beginner.
- Historybuff 07:06, 24 January 2009 (UTC) in EST. Studied French in school, and brushed up a bit through various learning aids. Can understand a basic conversation and form answers. I can read at a very basic level. I'd like to be able to converse and read at a much higher level.
- Angelkeziah 15:01 9 February 2009 Currently studying French in an language academy in the Philippines. My grammar is fairly good but makes mistakes with complicated constructions. I need to improve my speaking skills and listening comprehension. English is my second language. I'm in UTC+8
- Studied French in school. I need more practice speaking and having conversations. Im in Pacific US time zone.Russett97 19:14, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Dentarthurdent54 22:47, 17 August 2009 (UTC) in EST. I'm very interested in improving my French -- preferably a québécois dialect, but if there aren't any mentors very familiar with it, simply International French will suffice. I'm fairly skilled in simple conversation and reading, but have some difficulty writing and speaking.
- Pashar 19:28, 30 September 2009 (UTC) I'm interested in improving my writing and conversation skills, which are lacking.
- harryc181 20:08, 7 November 2009 (UTC) 2 Year French student. Looking to practice with someone with more skill than myself, to improve vocabulary and grammar.
- wanderwonder 2009-12-16 15:33:54， UTC+8， Am planning to move to Quebec so I need to show my French ability by passing TEF or something like that. I am Chinese and fluent in English. I learn a little French all by myself and have a little knowledge of the language, Would appreciate if someone can help me conquer French so at least I can pass the exam and the future interview in the Immigration Bureau.
- Nhidalgo 20:43, 10 July 2011 (UTC) I've taken two semesters of college French, but need to show equivalency of four semesters of another language for Spanish Master's. Bilingual Spanish-English and good with languages, so French grammar makes "sense" to me. Need to improve conversation, vocabulary and pronunciation.
- Aiko7909 2012, 03 April UTC+4 and I am currently is a flying cabin crew, I have the basic of french and I am able to communicate in french with my passangers, For this I would like to make it more fluent, currently I am able to speak in chinese and japanese. and I need to improve my vocabulary,, grammar and proounciation.
- Positron. I'm a PhD student in Computer Science who has moved to Paris, for good; now my French is sufficient for daily practical life and even for speaking about Computer Science, yet I'm not satisfied at all with my grammar, lexicon, or pronunciation. I've never formally studied French, except for a short course for foreigners at the university, here in Paris: I've learned most of what I know about French "the hard way". My mother tongue is Italian, but I can communicate in English without problems. Of course my timezone is CET, or UTC/GMT +1 hour.
- KaranDwivedi India ( +5:30) studying french as second language in school.. intersted in grammar vocab and french culture(Age 15)
- JFman00. American university student taking second-year French classes over the summer. I generally understand newsbroadcasts in cosmopolitan French and can read the news with dictionary help. Informal French is very difficult to understand for me. I need the most help with building vocabulary and verb mastery. My timezone is -5 CDT -6 CST.
- --The Jade Knight (d'viser) 20:45, 14 October 2008 (UTC) Very advanced; highly proficient but not fluent. I'm interested in some advanced grammar/writing/usage learning, and audio conversation. I'm in PST (UTC-7).
- --KirbyPuckettFan (talk) 21:41, 14 October 2008 Like JadeKnight, I'm also very advanced; highly proficient but not fluent. I'd like to polish my grammar skills and (possibly) become more familiar with the literary tenses. I'm in CST (UTC-5).
- --Eleraama 19:53, 4 November 2008 (UTC) Similar to JadeKnight and KirbyPuckettFan. I'm looking for exposure to more interesting grammar and especially colloquial language. I'm also in CST.
- pinklad2001 :studied french for four years,got a BA in french and english.i have not been able to get full exposure to continue the use of the language.i am ready to get back and get my grammar and conversation going
- *--Xionbox 10:34, 4 November 2008 (UTC) Native speaker living in France and studying engineering. I'm in UTC+1 and available to chat over Skype usually around 9 p.m. UTC+1 time.
- Karl1263 11:38, 4 November 2008 (UTC) Native speaker from France, but I don't speak english very well. I'm in UTC+1 and I am often on all Wikiversity IRC channels.
- Ehooh 15:06, 4 November 2008 (UTC) Native speaker living France, and I speak english not too bad. I'm in UTC+1 and i'll glad to help you. Don't hesitate to contact me.
- Min's 17:52, 4 November 2008 (UTC) Native speaker living in Belgium, and lvl 4 in English, so I can easily help if it's some linguistic questions, grammar and so on, but I won't be able to talk voice to voice because of work, wife and baby ^^'... Directly on my communication page here or by mail (I just create a special mail for that project so I'll try to find the good mails out of the spam ^^' )...
- *Jfrankc08 20:52, 7 November 2008 (UTC) Native speaker from France, living in Florida. I'm in UTC-5
- *Clairùm Native speaker living in France, studying litterature and linguistics
- Albane69 22:23, 30 November 2009 (UTC) Native speaker living in Spain UTC+1. I have a quite good level in english and am willing to help someone with its french. So if you are interested, please notify me using my talk page.
- Kinou86Native speaker and french foreign language teacher in Belgium. will help anyone from beginners to high levels. contact me using mytalk page
- jr.duboc Native speaker, creator of the-french-experience.net . I love to share my passion for french and french culture. Don't hesitate to contact me for help.
1) Teret02 - fluent speaker from Texas currently living in France (UTC +1) but will soon be moving to Connecticut. I have degrees in French and History and will soon be teaching undergraduate students. I am fluent in both English and French and enjoy helping others with both languages. I can be reached on skype under the name "Signmypants202"
- ***--The Jade Knight (d'viser) 20:45, 14 October 2008 (UTC) Non-native highly proficient speaker with training in Linguistics. I'm in PST (UTC-7).
- **--KirbyPuckettFan (talk) 21:47, 14 October 2008 Non-native highly proficient speaker. I'm in CST (UTC-5).
- ****--Eleraama 19:57, 4 November 2008 (UTC) Non-native highly proficient speaker with training in phonetics and light linguistics studying to become a high school foreign language teacher (French, Chinese, Japanese). CST (UTC -5).