Computer programming (often shortened to programming) is a process that leads from an original formulation of a computing problem to executable computer programs. Programming involves activities such as analysis, developing understanding, generating algorithms, verification of requirements of algorithms including their correctness and resources consumption, and implementation (commonly referred to as coding) of algorithms in a target programming language.
This course comprises nine lessons on computer programming. Each lesson includes a combination of Wikipedia and Internet-based readings, YouTube videos, and hands-on, interactive learning activities. Examples are provided using flowcharts, pseudocode, and a wide variety of computer programming languages.
- Introduction to Programming
- Programming Logic
- Portal:Computer programming
- Wikipedia: Computer programming
- Wikibooks: Computer Programming
- Wikipedia: Competitive programming
- TutorialsPoint: Computer Programming
- Farrell, J. (2015). Programming Logic and Design, Introductory, 8th Edition. Cengage. ISBN 9781285845777
- Gaddis, T. (2016). Starting Out with Programming Logic and Design, 4th Edition. Pearson. ISBN 9780133998160