Sustainability is an attempt to provide the best outcomes for the human and natural environments both now and into the indefinite future. It relates to the continuity of economic, social, institutional and environmental aspects of human society, as well as the non-human environment. It is intended to be a means of configuring civilization and human activity so that society, its members and its economies are able to meet their needs and express their greatest potential in the present, while preserving biodiversity and natural ecosystems, and planning and acting for the ability to maintain these ideals in a very long term. Sustainability affects every level of organization, from the local neighborhood to the entire planet.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- Analogies for Sustainability (1 cat, 3 pgs)
- Peak oil, energy, and society (5 pgs)
- Rainwater harvesting (32 pgs)
Pages in category "Sustainability"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- Second Life/Sustainability considerations relating to the use of Second Life for education
- Should the world adopt a one-child policy?
- Should we aim to reduce the Earth population?
- Portal:Social entrepreneurship/Curriculum/General/Sustainability/Activities
- Portal:Social entrepreneurship/Curriculum/General/Sustainability/Community
- Portal:Social entrepreneurship/Curriculum/General/Sustainability/Links
- Portal:Social entrepreneurship/Curriculum/General/Sustainability/Resources
- Sustainability/Organic agriculture
- Sustainability/Rain barrel
- Sustainable design in architecture
- Sustainable development
- Sustainable Development Goals/SDG-Tagging
- Sustainable urban development