Wikiversity screen saver/known anomalies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here are listed the ideas/comments/known anomalies to the Wikiversity screen saver.
- The list is not (yet) prioritized, let's just brainstorm.
- I have also a bug tracking system, but ... I want to do this in completely wiki way. No login required, everyone can edit, ...
- Since I am linking from other Wikiversities also to here, feel free to add it in your language, if this makes it more comfortable for you - let's just collect the ideas first - translating is the easy part :-)
- Please sign anything you add (howto Wikiversity:Signature).
- 1 prototype version 0.02 (from 2007-09-24)
- 2 prototype version 0.01 (from 2007-09-23)
prototype version 0.02 (from 2007-09-24)
improving xml/html view
- At the moment the RSS feed of Wikiversity does not offer RSS 2.0 (which is unfortunately at the moment required :-() - so there is a redirect over another RSS service used. The RSS feed entries are shown in xml/html.
- There could be thought about a way to optmize the view for the xml/html:
- Perhaps it is possible to use a tool which at least extracts only the edit summary for each edit between the
better view of URL
- Perhaps in big graphics www.wikiversity.org located far enough from edge of screen to catch people's eye. This will allow people to find us with their internet browser. Bigger graphics may be better since this is a screen saver attempting to catch people's eye when they are not working with the computer screen. Mirwin 16:59, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
improving of used graphics
- At the moment the screen saver consists of 2 pictures. I have written to some users here involved in the graphics courses. Perhaps they have some ideas/apps to make the pictures better or other ideas ? e.g. 3D or so, completely other pics, ... Your suggestions would be very appreciated. ----Erkan Yilmaz (my talk page, wiki blog) 17:30, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
without rss feed
more dynamic / moving objects
other operating systems
- XScreenSaver: "... for Unix-like operating systems running the X Window System and Macintosh computers running Mac OS X. ... XScreenSaver is released under the terms of the X11 License." ----Erkan Yilmaz (my talk page, wiki blog) 21:19, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
- XScreenSaver. (2007, September 21). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 21:12, September 25, 2007, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=XScreenSaver&oldid=159315385
Screensaver Project: the screen saver doing more than just looking nice
- Is it possible to create a screen saver which "works": Screensaver Project ? Thanks RayC. ----Erkan Yilmaz (my talk page, wiki blog) 23:18, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
prototype version 0.01 (from 2007-09-23)
FIXED: Wikiversity RSS feed works only in debug version
- The Wikiversity RSS feed works in the debug version, but in the release version there is shown another feed :-( Therefore for the moment there is only video preview available so you can see it at least. ----Erkan Yilmaz (my talk page, wiki blog) 06:53, 24 September 2007 (UTC)