Wikiversity hosts a number of of independent projects on a number of topics, and each of these are contributed to by an independent segment of the larger community. These various communities should be "self-organizing and self-governing" to the extent that they are responsible for setting goals, methods, and acceptable practices within individual projects. The main discussion fora of Wikiversity should not be used as subpages of a particular project.
- In most cases, the talk page of the top project page will be the best place to discuss issues pertinent to a particular project.
- If discussing a topic that should be considered by several projects within a particular topic, a Topic: talk page should be used.
- The general fora (discussion pages within the Wikiversity namespace, including the Colloquium) should only be used for introducing a new project, asking advice on how to start a new project, or calling for intervention from the larger community in cases where communication in the local community breaks down.
- If the use of custodian tools is needed to handle a topic, use WV:RFC
- If review is needed on the behavior of another user, use WV:CR