Wiki Journal (magazine)
- This article is about the magazine. For the peer reviewed academic journal, see the WikiJournal User Group.
Wiki Journal was an online journal in wiki format that predated the Wikiversity project. It was for articles about wiki phenomena such as articles exploring the challenges and rewards of working in a wiki environment. The Wiki Journal also accepted review articles. These could be formal peer-reviewed articles or less formal reviews of existing wikis and wiki projects that are more like editorials. The Wiki Journal encouraged all authors and reviewers to register a wiki user account and associate their work with their real name.
The Wiki Journal had an article proposing peer-reviewed wiki format publishing that was developed at the Academic Publishing Wiki. See: Flexibility in wiki publishing: author desires, peer review and citation. However the journal as a whole was not peer reviewed.
Does starting a journal seem like a daunting task? This is a wiki! If you want to organization valuable knowledge in a meaningful way, and if you want to disseminate new knowledge, consider starting a preliminary journal. It may develop into a full fledged journal eventually. You can format it similar to Preliminary WikiJournal of Business and Economics, or you can find your own way of proceding. Be bold, thoughtful, and creative.
- WikiJournal user group - a set of peer-reviewed, academic journals
- Multi-language discussion of research and publishing policy for all of Wikiversity (Beta Wikiversity)
- Portal:Wiki Scholar
- Wikiversity:Publishing original research
- Proposal:Journal (A peer-review journal to allow/encourage academics to write Wikipedia articles) (Wikimania 2012 pitch)
- Encyclopaedia of original research
- Open Access Media Importer
- WikiResearch Ideas
- WikiJournal project
- Wikis in scholarly publishing
- WikiProject Academic Papers
- PLOS Computational Biology Topic Pages (editorial, blog post, current state)
- Wikiversity:Journal of the future