This topic page is for organising the development of Numerical analysis content on Wikiversity.
If you are knowledgeable in any area Numerical analysis, feel free to improve, we would greatly appreciate your contributions.
Numerical analysis is the study of algorithms that use numerical approximation (as opposed to general symbolic manipulations) for the problems of continuous mathematics (as distinguished from discrete mathematics).
As a topic of study, it has a large overlap with Numerical Algorithms and Scientific Computing.
Since there is already a lot of material on this topic freely available, we will try to organize and supplement, rather than duplicate. In particular, here we collect exercises and quizzes, which would be inappropriate for Wikipedia. The topics are organized and ordered as in Wikipedia's w:List of numerical analysis topics. A topic is only listed here if we have something to add, such as a Wikibook link (prefaced with b:), a learning module here, further examples, exercises, quizzes, or links to external learning resources.
Causes of Errors
Finding roots of nonlinear equations
Integration and Differentiation
Ordinary Differential Equations
- Boundary Value Problems/Numerical Methods
- Introduction to Numerical Methods and Matlab Programming, a free online text for a college junior level course Applied Numerical Methods.
- NumaWWW, offers the possibility of testing a lot of methods from numerical computing and optimization interactively, with only minimal programming knowledge needed.
- MA213: Numerical Analysis is a free online course.
- Holistic Numerical Methods collects undergraduate resources and learning materials.