As a topic of study, it has a lot of overlap with Topic:Numerical analysis.
What are numerical algorithms?
In these courses, students learn the basic tools and language of Scientific Computing.
Students willing to follow the courses in Numerical Algorithms should have taken the following courses or equivalents thereof:
- Basic Analysis
- Basic Linear Algebra
- Introduction to Programming with some knowledge of either Matlab, C or Pascal.
The courses in Numerical Algorithms are designed to be followed in the order presented here.
- Finite Arithmetic
- Floating point
- Interpolation and Extrapolation
- Least-Squares Method
- Root Finding in one Dimension
- Root Finding in many Dimensions
- Numerical Integration and Differentiation
- Numerical Integration of ODEs
The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this department, you can list your name here (this can help small departments grow and the participants communicate better; for large departments a list of active participants is not needed).
- Pedro.Gonnet 08:22, 9 October 2006 (UTC)