Software testing/Test tools
Here there will be presented test tools (also with a video tutorial).
special attention[edit | edit source]
Following test tools will be made available for public usage for the participants. Tutor Erkan Yilmaz shows their importance in the daily testing, their usage and also common mistakes.
- bug tracking system: used for recording of anomalies (e.g. here some info on the bug tracking system of MediaWiki, e.g. Wikipedia)
- trouble ticket system: to communicate with customers
- version control: so that you can restore old versions (of source code, documents of any kind like user manuals, requirements, ...)
documentation of source code[edit | edit source]
Following tools are a very simple way to summarize comments (examples for comments for programming languages you can find here) out of source code:
- Doxygen: can be used for C++, C, Java, Objective-C, Python, IDL (Corba and Microsoft flavors) and to a certain extent als for PHP, C#, and D. examples and projects, which use it.
- Javadoc with example
- PhpDocumentor (also called: phpdoc or phpdocu) with example
- ROBODoc for e.g. C, C++, Fortran, Perl, shell scripts, Assembler, DCL, DB/C, Tcl/Tk, Forth, Lisp, COBOL, Occam, Basic, HTML, Clarion. And here examples
- NDoc for .Net projects with example
and here more tools