Software testing/Test tools
Here there will be presented test tools (also with a video tutorial).
Following test tools will be made available for public usage for the participants. Tutor Erkan Yilmaz shows their importance in the daily testing, their usage and also common mistakes.
- bug tracking system: used for recording of anomalies (e.g. here some info on the bug tracking system of MediaWiki, e.g. Wikipedia)
- trouble ticket system: to communicate with customers
- version control: so that you can restore old versions (of source code, documents of any kind like user manuals, requirements, ...)
documentation of source code
Following tools are a very simple way to summarize comments (examples for comments for programming languages you can find here) out of source code:
- Doxygen: can be used for C++, C, Java, Objective-C, Python, IDL (Corba and Microsoft flavors) and to a certain extent als for PHP, C#, and D. examples and projects, which use it.
- Javadoc with example
- PhpDocumentor (also called: phpdoc or phpdocu) with example
- ROBODoc for e.g. C, C++, Fortran, Perl, shell scripts, Assembler, DCL, DB/C, Tcl/Tk, Forth, Lisp, COBOL, Occam, Basic, HTML, Clarion. And here examples
- NDoc for .Net projects with example
and here more tools