Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Research purpose)
Research involves systematic investigation of phenomena, the purpose of which could be for:
- Information gathering and/or
- Exploratory: e.g., discovering, uncovering, exploring
- Descriptive: e.g., gathering info, describing, summarizing
- Theory testing
- Explanatory: e.g., testing and understanding causal relations
- Predictive: e.g., predicting what might happen in various scenarios
Examples of research studies with these different purposes can be found in this practice quiz.
Discussion questions[edit | edit source]
- How can research help to alleviate poverty on Earth?
- How can I gain an understanding on why research is nessesary