Traditional disciplines of psychology have been said to focus too much on the negative aspects of human experience. Positive psychology attempts to find a balance between the negative and the positive. Generally speaking, positive psychology focuses on how to optimize the human experience, and on what makes people healthy, happy, and wise.
- How can the principles of positive psychology be utilized to increase the amount of happiness that there is on Earth?
- Publications in positive psychology
- 'Overall spending levels were not related to happiness, but prosocial spending was.' (2008)
- The good are happier... (May 24, 2007)
- Happy wanderer brings the good news, September 10, 2008, The Age - 97% of people in Bhutan report being happy