Portal talk:Learning German
I have listed your resources in the School of Language and Literature resource catalog--please list any new resources there in the future! Thanks! --Trinity507 21:52, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Site Structure[edit source]
- German redirects to Topic:German
- Topic:German is the top level for German
- Topic:Learning German is the top level for the German Language course.
- Lesson:German Introduction is the only content page at the moment.
Course Planning[edit source]
Ideas and Contributions[edit source]
Let's use the talk page instead of the German I course page for planning. That way we can actually add plans to the German I page as needed. --Alex 01:00, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
I just got rid of the redirect from the German I page. Hope you don't mind it. My ideas of this course and wikiversity in general would be a very strong interactivity (as a contrast to wikibooks). Some audio-files and tests for each lesson would be useful (as an example). If I can help you anyhow I'll do my best. --Edmond Dantes AUT 19:42, 6 October 2007 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_grammar is a good link to post for beginners to the german language, and it stays within the wiki sites as well -Tereasa
I suggest Lesson 2 to be "Was ist das?". It is a standard first lesson in many languages books. A dialog asking about things and animals. Was ist das? Das ist ein Hund, etc., to introduce ein, eine and new vocabulary. --Davichito 19:05, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
If anyone is still working on this, I'm fairly likely to just start an entirely different branch based on a project page. The goal of my page is going to be to help learners develop skills they need to teach themselves, so it will come with a lot more questions, guidelines and exercises and less curriculum. I might nest more curriculum within the current structure, but it depends how compatible I find the Lehrplan I develop. I'd love to chat with some other teachers about this before I do anything too crazy so HMU Jon michael swift (discuss • contribs) 17:29, 18 May 2016 (UTC)
I fixed up the introduction page which I don't think should have any actual lessons on it. I'm thinking we should use it more as a syllabus. --Alex 01:01, 5 October 2007 (UTC)
I went directly and edited Lesson 1. I thought the lesson was only a dialog; it should have an explanation of it. I added without proposing here, but I think it is how wikis are.
Davichito 18:31, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
If you're interested in helping instruct or just want to learn, add your name in the appropriate list below! There are lots of materials we can use to help each other learn German. Feel free to share your ideas here by editing this page! A more updated list can be found here: German stream
Interested students[edit source]
Complete (or near complete) Beginners[edit source]
- Hi, My name is Ramya. I live in India. I have visited Germany found it to be a great place with very friendly people...inspiring me to learn the language.--22.214.171.124 (discuss) 10:06, 9 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, My name is Fernanda. My husband lived 13 years in Germany and I'd love to be able to speak this language with him. He's trying really hard to learn my language too.
- Hello, My Name is Pat and I would like to learn German because I just moved to Wolfsburg.
Hi, it is me. --Davichito 19:04, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
- hallo! i am tenzin , and i started learing germen this month. For me, the most easiest way to learn a language is to read easy to understand comics. If anyone has online resource like that it would be helpful to link it here.126.96.36.199 08:26, 22 August 2008 (UTC)tenzin
- Hallo!Ich bin George und ich komme aus Rumanian und ich bin sechzhen!Hett dich zu treffen!!Well i realy like do study german becousei think that is a cool language and a very nice one even that it's very very hard!i do some self-studies and i want to do more becouse i realy wanty to know this languages!i'm also fascinating by the northen languages and i know also a little bit of finnish(finland languages).for me it's hard do learn this languagesbecouse my language is romanian-=a latin lkanguage like french, italiano, spanish and portuguese-but i try to do hte best and to learn it!i know already english, french, moldavian. a little of spanish and portuguese and i start the study for german and finnis!in my free time i study also japanese and turkish-this is only a hobby-so...if u can help me with the german and even finnish please contact me on e-mail..thanksGeorge-Cristian Potrivitu -13.06.2007
- Hi! My name is Aena and I would really love to learn German. I'm just doing some self-study on the language so I really need help from lots of people. Thank you! ^^ (The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 02:46, 24 August 2007)
- Hi, I'm Christine. I'd like to learn German as well. I am not trying to send people to other sites (I love the Wiki!) but I found a BBC site to help people learn German for free. Maybe someone from there can help with this project. I did see a "Contact Us" page. Just a thought... They offer several languages but I can't say if the info is good or not; I don't know. I am looking for a more complete course.
- hallo! my name is Louisa , i love German and love to learn more about it... it's a cool language.. anyway, i got so many source about German.. if u wanna just send me an email..
- Hi. I'm Nour Eddine Yaghmour from Palestine and i'd like to learn too
- Hi, I'm Michael and I'd like to learn the German language.
- I'd like to learn too! --HappyCamper 01:36, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
- Hi I'm Bojana from Macedonia and I like to learn German. I started on my own but it's not very motivating.
- I'm James and I also want to learn German
- My name is David and I lived in Germany for three years and would like to relearn the language.
- Hi, I´m Eli and a German wikiclass would help when I am self-teaching German this summer.
- Hi, I'm Adam and i would also like to learn German as a second language.
- Hi my name's Tracey and I'd love to learn German too, but it's hard to stay motivated learning on your own
- Hi, my name is Syd and I learned German in high school but would like to refresh myself and become fluent.--SydHeresy 21:57, 27 April 2007 (UTC)
- How ya doin,Im Jim, i would like to learn german to help me with my studies.
- Hello, my name is Lissa and I would love to learn German.
- craasnibooi-i'd like to learn to speak German.
- Hi, I'm Marcus and I'm also interested.
- Hey, I'm José, and I'd also like to learn German. 0
- I'm Ben and I want to learn German
- I'm Jenn from Las Vegas, USA and would love to learn the basics of German. Thanks to any possible teachers!
- I have very little experience with German, but I'd love to learn. Blast 01.07.07 0719 (UTC)
Zim 16:09, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
- I'm Cory, from Melbourne, Australia. I'd love to learn German as a fourth language, preferably before I go over to Europe =p Anyone who can help?
- G'day, I'm Leigh. I wouldn't mind having a crack at learning German!
- Hallo! I'm Rubèn Roca and I would like to learn German. Thanks!
- hi,there.I'm Fatih from Turkey and would like to learn German.Thanks in advance!!
- Ich bin's Desi. Ja, Ich will auch Deutsch lernen.
- My name is Bryan and I live in USA, I had a German Exchange Student and I would like to learn German so that I can speak to his family
- my name is juan, im from colombia and id like to learn some german
hey im mark from san francisco and id like to learn german
- Hi, I'm Alexander. I'm lithuanian. Although I have had some experience with German in high school, I'd like to continue learning.
- Hi, I'm Cabo from Guyana and would like to learn German.
- Hi, I'm Alyssa and I would love to learn German.
- Hi, I'm Denes from Hungary and I'd love to learn German.
- Hi, I'm James from Melbourne, FL USA and I'm interested in learning German. 01:47, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
- Hallo, Ich heiBe Abhishek. I want to learn german because i've started liking the langauge after some self learning, apart from this i've great admiration for Germany as a country. I Hope i've a good experience learning Deutche. Tschuss!! 24 Dec 08 Abhi.danej 12:21, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
Hello, I'm Rashmi from India. I respect the German Technology and the R&D carried out in the county. I'm considering Germany for my higher studies and also my fiance lives there. I love German. I know a little bit of the language and would love to speak fluently in it.
Advanced Beginners[edit source]
- Hi, i am not very "advanced" but I have started already German "alleine" (alone, at home) a month already. I am interested into this project:)--Annalemesos 02:21, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
- -Ich bin in meine dritte Jahr von Deutsch und will mehr lernen. Natürlich will ich mit die Klasse hilfen wenn eure Lehrer(in) möchtet. Kyran_Tyr 21:03 EST, 02:03 GMT, 30 April 2007
- The Jade Knight I've studied Old English (very similar to German), and a little German on my own. The Jade Knight 08:13, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- Hello! My name is Przemek. I've got a degree in linguistics applied and learned German ages ago as a kid. I have got some idea on German phonetics, basic syntax and so on. Hope to learn, help and have fun! I have got some experience as a teacher of English and Russian so I guess that could a kind of help. As it is my first edit at Wikiversity I hope I won't spoil something. :-) Stiopa 19:24, 17 June 2007 (UTC)
- Hiya! I'm Will and I'm from Baltimore. I've taken German 101 and am looking to get a German minor (at least), but the community college that I'm at right now keeps canceling any German classes beyond just the basics. I'm mostly interested in keeping what little German I know fresh until I transfer to a university that offers a decent German program. I'm also not too clear on how this whole Wikiversity thing works, though it looks promising. Willickers 05:06, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
- Hey! My name's JJ and I took a year of German studies in High School (I remember very little, unfortunately). I'd really like to learn german.
Jjkr 02:17, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
- Hallo. My name is Tereasa and I have self-taught myself german for years, though i am now taking a course in college. I think this project could help a lot of people. ^_^
- Hi, I am Matt and I really want to learn Deutsch (German). I already know some, und ich bin gut (and I am good).
- Hallo, ich heiße Adam. Ich bin amerikanisch und ich möchte lernen Deutsch. Agomulka 01:30, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Intermediate Students[edit source]
-I am also interested. My family comes from Germany and I have take some courses in Deutch. Jawohl!
-I am very interested in the German language. I had a bit of practice...years ago.
-Jetzt ich studiere Deutsch in der Universität von den Philippinen aber ich möchte mein Deutsch verbessern. Stickbreaker 20:24, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
- I can also help out. I took a total of 6 years of German throughout High School and College. Schulb72 12:39, 20 June 2007 (UTC)
- I would be pleased to assist in any way that I am able. I have been studying German for several years now at the University level. I have assisted with and have taught several subjects previously and have always loved helping others learn.
- Hallo! Ich heiße Guerric, und ich fliege in Oktober zu Dresde. Ich werde dort Deutsch lernen; aber, ich mag gern Deutsch, und ich will jetzt lernen beginnen! Ich lerne während mein Arbeit ein wenig, weil ich bin Lebensretter und es gibt an mein Schwimmbecken niemand. I'm good at discovering new vocabulary (which I've never got enough of), but word order gives me a great deal of trouble, as do prepositions. German is, chronologically, my fifth language - though better then my neglected Mandarin, and soon to beat my somewhat-neglected Spanish. --Lytyr 21:18, 5 July 2007 (UTC)
- Ich habe deutsch seit 4 Jahren studiert. Ich hoffe, dass ich helfen kann =] 184.108.40.206 21:51, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- I used to study German a few years ago, at a German school in my native country, but haven't practiced it at all in about 2 years. I'd like to start from where i left off if possible, because although it's a rather difficult language, I think it's cool. And I'd like to travel to Germany some time. EmiLiuS 01:53, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
Proficient Students[edit source]
- Dallin.m 17:50, 2 May 2007 (UTC) Hello, people: I'm a not-quite-fluent German student who has just discovered Wikiversity. I've studied the language for a number of years in high school, university, and I spent a brief time living in Germany. I was hoping to use Wikiversity to keep my German sharp over the summer, but seeing as there isn't much (anything?) here, I wouldn't mind being an instructor for beginning students.
- My name is Jeffrey Mason and I have studied German for 9 years (8th-12th grade, four years in college). My German is fairly good, I've visited Germany three times, one of those times was a job which involved translating, and I would love to help as much as I can in teaching to keep up with and improve my skills.
Native Speakers[edit source]
- Sundance Raphael can a bit help, but my English is not very well. Please be not upset if i make mistakes in grammar and spelling.
- Michael Reschke, please contact me by Mail if necessary. I will support your project.
- I'm willing to help where I can. Get in contact with me if necessary. --Edmond Dantes AUT 10:04, 28 July 2007 (UTC)
- I'm no linguist but I'm a native speaker and I kind of know my language. Therefore, I suppose I would be able to help (and I would like too) Saschm 13:13, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
Interested Teachers[edit source]
- --AaronRichard 11:35, 10 April 2007 (UTC) Hi, I'm a German teacher at a high school in Australia. I studied German in Australia and Germany, and have lived in Germany.
- --Alex 23:52, 4 October 2007 (UTC) Hello. I am a graduate student working on my PhD in German. I am currently student teaching with the ultimate goal of becoming a university professor in German.