Portal:South American Languages Division/Resource Center
Welcome![edit | edit source]
Welcome to the South American language resource center! The center is not intended as a forum to create new resources, rather a place to coordinate the study of South American languages in Wikiversity and other Wiki projects. If you would like to visit another resource center, please see the Resource center directory. For the creation of new resources, please see these centers for language learning:
- School of Language and Literature
- School of Linguistics
- South American languages division consisting of the Quechua department and Aymara department
- Center for Foreign Language Learning
Now Hiring[edit | edit source]
The South American language resource center needs your help! Our center may look great, but some of our resources still don't. If you have any interest in or knowledge of indigenous South American languages, then please clean up and add content to our resources! It is especially important that you join the language streams, listed below. Please help make this a great tool for language learners!
Bulletin board[edit | edit source]
Please keep posts current and relevant--posts more than six months old or unrelated to South American language learning will be deleted
- 1 March 2009 - center founded!
- 14 March 2009 - center moved to Topic:Resource center directory/South American language resource center
- 21 March 2009 - our discussion page is up and running--check it out!
Resources[edit | edit source]
Resources will be listed here alphabetically by type, along with a brief description of the resource. Please list any new resources you have created here as soon as possible--we would rather have a long list of incomplete resources than have excellent learning resources lost on Wikiversity!
Streams[edit | edit source]
- Quechua stream = a stream and discussion group for learning Quechua. Underdeveloped and inactive.
- Aymaran stream = a stream and discussion group for learning Aymara. Underdeveloped and inactive.
Courses/Lessons[edit | edit source]
- Introduction to Quechua = a project of the Quechua department. Some interesting information such as pronunciation and a dialect disambiguation, but little "lesson" value.
- Runa Simi 1 = a project of the Quechua department. More potential than the "Introduction to Quechua," but so far it's poorly formatted.
Wikipedia[edit | edit source]
A list of related Wikipedia articles. Please continue to post relevant articles as they are created!
- Quechuan language family
- Aymaran language family
- Quechumaran article is a stub
- Inca civilization
- Jaqaru and Kawki
- South America (languages section)
- Indigenous languages of the Americas
Wikibooks shelf[edit | edit source]
A list of related Wikibooks. Please continue to post relevant books as they are created!