Portal:Social entrepreneurship/News Archives
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Currently featured on the Home Page[edit | edit source]
- (22 Aug 2014)Heroic Imagination Project - "Stand Up, Speak Out, Change the World".
- (July 2014)Imagine Chicago ... Imagine your city or community, and check out their resources for inspiration on ways of engaging and helping communities to realise their aspirations.
- (23 April 2011) Internet entrepreneur course available.
- The Social Enterprise World Forum 2011 - Johannesburg, South Africa, 5-7 April 2011 - 'Social enterprise as a catalyst for sustainable development'.
- EVOKE - an online course and game for aspiring social entrepreneurs. The goal of the game is to help empower people all over the world, and especially young people in Africa, to come up with creative solutions to our most urgent social problems. See also the associated wiki.
Previously Featured on the Home page[edit | edit source]
- Mobile networks for social entrepreneurs - on-line discussion at SocialEdge (March 2010).
- The Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship - diarise 14-16 April 2010 - Saïd Business School, University of Oxford.
- World Challenge - winners announced (December 2009).
- Discuss the navigation template (ongoing).
- Social Entrepreneurs From Around the World Come to Santa Clara University to Learn How to Grow Their Business (31 July 2009)
- Education that Pays for Itself 2008 conference at Eden Campus Knysna 18 - 20 November.
- Dr Susan Steinman, a social entrepreneur and Ashoka fellow, won the category of 'Social Entrepreneur of the Year' in the Nedbank Business Women's Association's Regional Business Achievers' Award 2008 on 24 July for her outstanding work in raising awareness, conducting research and introducing programmes to prevent physical and emotional violence in the workplace locally and internationally. Susan received her second doctorate, dealing with the phenomenon of social entrepreneurship in an autoethnographic study, at the University of Johannesburg (UJ) in May 2008 - she is now in the process of forming the Institute for Social Entrepreneurship at UJ.
- Book Innovation Policy: contributions sought relating to Inclusive Innovation. See News Archives for more.
- CAF Southern Africa 2008 Conference: Innovating for Sustainability, 17-18 September 2008, The Wanderers Club, Illovo, Johannesburg.
- OpenSRI launches collaborative web platform on Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Book contribution invitation: The World Bank Institute is publishing a new book on Innovation Policy and is looking for examples for a chapter on Inclusive Innovation. In one of the parts of the chapter, the WBI would like to talk about the potential role of universities and public research centers in serving the needs of the poor as well as the underserved communities and the reforms needed to strengthen that role (e.g. improving relevance of the curriculum for the country context, requiring that each student spends a certain time working on a project relevant for the community, conducting research on issues important for the country, etc). If you have any specific examples that you would like to share from your university, please send them along for potential inclusion in the book! (to RHawkins <at> worldbank <dot> org ).
- CAF Southern Africa 2008 Conference: Innovating for Sustainability, 17-18 September 2008, The Wanderers Club, Illovo, Johannesburg. The conference will explore how innovative financial models involving local investment, private equity and social enterprise can enhance the region's sustainability. Contact Mokgaetse Thoka at mokgaetse_at_cafsouthernafrica.org, or Mihloti Mgimeti at mmgimeti_at_cafsouthernafrica.org for more details.
- OpenSRI launches collaborative web platform on Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- New University of Michigan African Scholars Exchange Program—Deadline Sep 1, 2008
- Discussing System Framework for guiding students of social entrepreneurship.
- Core Team Meeting Notes (15 April 2008)
- Core Team Meeting Notes (15 April 2008)