Physics and Astronomy Labs
- Category:Physics and Astronomy/Labs
- PHET (U. Colorado Boulder)
Labs performed at WSU-Lake
- Static forces
- Force table
- Vernier force probe
- Vernier scale
- Angular size
- Beads on string drop
- Parallax Need Jill's photos showing error and 13s photo of reenactment. Nothing there except post placement for jill's photos.
- Heisenberg's uncertainty and Beethoven's fugue
- Video showing how a shop vac can demonstrate the Bernoulli force
- The Leyden jar and the Van de Graff generator
- Optics: Thin lens equation (ray diagram)
- Graphical integration of uniform acceleration
- Celestial sphere (under construction)
- Uniform acceleration tapping basketball with spitwads
- MATLAB/Cookbook Many of our labs should be virtual.
- Bell's theorem/Introduction#Lab activity Uses concept of vectors to explain how a third polarizing filter can enhance the light that passes through a pair of filters that block the light.
- Gases and gas laws/Boyle's law lab
- w:Lénárt_sphere see images at w:Lénárt_sphere#Related_products and talk page
- Unless otherwise announced, the number of questions taken from these quizzes will never exceed 10% of the test.
- Students: Please do not edit these quizzes, use the student sandbox instead. Also, when you study, sure to check the history page to ensure that your instructor was the most recent editor. These are "live" links.
- March 18,2015: phy1060 (under construction)
- March 18,2015: phy1120 Covers the concept of current, voltage, energy, and force in the analog between electric and gravitational fields. This quiz is inspired by the Van der Graff generator demonstration.
The following pages are available for tinkering by students. It is not possible for a page to be edited on two computers at the same time, so if you want your instructor to edit your page close it.
Other optics projects