Astronomy education at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The University of Nebraska at Lincoln has one of the internet's best websites promoting active learning in the field of introductory astronomy. This resource is intended to be used in parallel with UNL's efforts. Contributions may include:
- Wikiquizzes (see below)
- Space for student essays relevant to these labs
- Classroom activities relevant to one or more UNL activities
Labs[edit | edit source]
Stellar astronomy[edit | edit source]
Blackbody[edit | edit source]
- Main page http://astro.unl.edu/naap/blackbody/blackbody.html
- Student pdf handout http://astro.unl.edu/naap/blackbody/naap_blackbody_sg.pdf
Wikiquizzes[edit | edit source]
- UNL's Class Action Question List (500 think-pair-share questions)
- Wikiversity's Category:Astronomy_college_course/Quizzes
The goal is to create wikiquizzes based on Nebraska's resources.
Draft of first wikiquiz[edit | edit source]
- I place the first wikiquiz here to help sort out copyvio issues. I think this quiz differs sufficiently from the UNL page. And, this quiz will link to the UNL page.
- This quiz is based on Stellar Properties #2: HR Diagram #1 Only one questions would be selected for a classroom quiz.
- This is a stub that students will complete, perhaps under the username user:Guy vandegrift's student
At the next Astronomy class meeting, students will copy this "stub" to a subpage of user:Guy vandegrift's student and add questions. All will be variations of this question, all pertaining to UNL's Stellar Properties #2: HR Diagram #1'