Wiki2ODT creates from the Wiki source e.g. in Wikiversity or Wikipedia an LibreOffice Document that can be edited.
Workflow[edit | edit source]
- download the Wiki Source in an AppLSAC-0 (WebApp with a client side converter in the browser) with wtf_fetch.
- load an ODT template/raw ODT file that defines the layout of the final product. ODT are ZIP files that can be handled with JSZip in an AppLSAC-0.
- convert the source with `wtf_wikipedia` (ToDo: HTML exported exists - ODF output format must be implemented)
- Provide a file output from the browser as an emulated download with FileSaver.js by Eli Grey.
Learning Resource[edit | edit source]
This learning resource is about the foundations to create such a WebApp as Wiki Converter for LibreOffice documents. If the HTML5 WebApp is implemented it a allows a client side conversion of Wiki markdown sources into LibreOffice documents.
- first step is already implemented with wtf_fetch
- as parsers into an Abstract Syntax Tree (AST) wtf_wikipedia by Spencer Kelly is available, but it produces currently
- plain text,
- Markdown and
- as output. It is recommended to analyse the syntax of converting files with PanDoc/Try and learn about compilation of text documents.