Open Educational Resources/Localization of OER
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Localization of OER: educational resource might be inappropriate for a specific learning environment, target group or use-case.
- (Images)used images are inappropriate for learners in Latin America (e.g. images show people from South Africa performing a certain task. This will be replaces by images with people from Latin America that is performed a task in their socio-economic environment).
- (Data and Analysis) Data sets used in the learning refer to specific country, the sample data sets had to be replaced by data sets that make sense for target group of learners
- (Social and Cultural Constraints) Examples and use-cases are sometimes not directly transferable to the social and cultural environment of the group of learners. So parts are adapted to that constraints.
- (Geolocation) Use relevant maps for the use case and learn about geolocated OER, that allows to attach learning resources to real geolocations.
- Real World Labs
- KnitR Use your own data sets in a learning environment and the learning resources provide example algorithms e.g. in R