Motivation and emotion/Tutorials/Psychological needs/Self-determination theory
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Provide an overview of Self-Determination Theory (SDT):
- Who has heard of it?
- What they know about it?
- What is the theory for?
- Who is it by?
- What are the key components?
- Quiz the class a bit further about what it knows about "autonomy" and what might be meant by "autonomy support"?
- Watch the 14:05 min. video, Promoting motivation, health, and excellence (Ed Deci, 2012, TEDx) (youtube) and note answers to:
- What is autonomy-based motivation?
- Why does autonomy-based motivation matter?
- How can we facilitate autonomy-based motivation? (e.g., as leaders, managers, teachers, parents)