Low Vision Rehabilitation
Learning Objectives[edit | edit source]
Through a series of case studies and scenarios upon successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Analyse information about an ocular disease and determine the likely functional vision impairment.
- Describe barriers that prevent or limit access to low vision services.
- Interpret and integrate the results of a low vision assessment to inform management strategies.
- Evaluate ocular pathology and select and implement an appropriate low vision rehabilitation management strategy.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an implemented low vision intervention appropriate to your patient
Topics[edit | edit source]
- Case Studies
It's a good idea to work through the cases in the order they appear as they are systematically organized to present the information to you step by step. The subject timetable will guide you through, week by week.
- Thelma Scope Defining low vision, economic impact, multi-disciplinary teams, principles of low vision and barriers to service delivery
- Lesley Vision loss and the functional and psycho-social impact
- Mark Bollinger & others Case discussion - putting it together
- Percy Fredericks Optical low vision aids and prescribing
- Jane Beech - part 1 Central field loss and eccentric viewing
- Jane Beech - part 2 Modifying the environment (non-optical strategies & lighting)
- Zach Davis Nystagmus & Null-point training
- Lionel Messina Peripheral visual loss, assessment and management
- James Roddy Neurological vision impairment
- Amelia Schwartz Vision impairment in children, assessment and management